KSport mx3 big brake kits

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
cweed
antispam: No

KSport mx3 big brake kits

Post by cweed »

just looking around on ebay and saw these brake kits by ksport. I didnt know there was a big brake kit available for the mx3 besides customizing a set. I see they come in 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 inch. has anyone used them yet? I'm not planning on getting them right away, but now that I recently regained interest in fixing up my mx3 I might be interested in getting these in the future.

front:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ksport-1 ... 483b758c30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rear:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-98-Ma ... 27b2ce8190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'94 GS 1.8 V6 5 Speed Manual - cold air intake - hei mod - klze awaiting install
solo_ryder

Re: KSport mx3 big brake kits

Post by solo_ryder »

You dont need to spend that kinda money on the rear.. You can just upgrade your pads and rotors on the back and that will suffice. But the front should be good. I know a guy who had a mx6 with these and he loved them, would stop on a dime, they were very powerful brakes. I think he had 12-13" rotors as he was only able to use 17" rims. Anything larger then that (rotors) is rediculous. I would just go with the 11, 12 or 13" max. If you are gonna use stock rims you may only be able to use the 11" ones.. Dont quote me on that.

They were 8 pot brakes, the older models. Here are some pics:

MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Those are sexy! I'm not planning this project yet, but I'll look into these myself after I've finished a few of my current projects :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

3500$ for brakes...? are you crazy! our cars aren't even worth 3500$

unless your racing in competions or something like that, i think its useless! especially for 3500$...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I discusssed this with the people at K-sport last year. 13" is the only option available for the MX-3. This is because the only way to adapt another caliper to the existing spindle without modifying it is to use a really huge rotor to move the caliper way out from the original position.

So you're looking at using 17" wheels as well. But if you have the money they would be really nice.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

There are a few people in the Netherlands and Germany who have these brakes.

Most of them require 18" wheels.

I think they go for about 1800 euro = 2700 dollars.

Looks awesome though !
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I didn't notice the pricetag ;o

That is substantial, I'll wait for more of wyt's break ideas. Might even try a few of my own :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Kuro88
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Kuro88 »

here:
(its the car of the admin from german mx3-community, copyright by him)

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

nitefire did his car (fronts) for $1000 and that included the guy talking him through it. Excellent tech support.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Jaydog has wilwood big brakes on his front and it was less like half of the price for ksports lol and its custom... What a rip off.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”