Is Your Car Lowered?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Letters11
antispam: No

Is Your Car Lowered?

Post by Letters11 »

I recently put 16x7 rims on my car with a +42. 205/40/16. I think the gap between the wheels and my fenders is a little too much for my taste. Its 3.5 inches in the rear from the top of the tire to the fender and 3 inches in the front. I wanted to maybe lower it but only for looks. I dont want to be driving down the road and have to worry about not having enough clearance for the squirrel in the road. What is your set up? Pictures? How much is your car dropped? And yes i will get around to painting my drums!

solo_ryder

Re: Is Your Car Lowered?

Post by solo_ryder »

Well your wheelgap wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for your tires, which are way to small lol. If you have 16s you should be running 205 50 16, or 215 45 16 if you can find. That will eat up a lot of that fender gap. Once you fix that then see how you feel about lowering. A simple lowering spring will help close the gap even more
Letters11
antispam: No

Post by Letters11 »

solo_ryder wrote:Well your wheelgap wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for your tires, which are way to small lol. If you have 16s you should be running 205 50 16, or 215 45 16 if you can find. That will eat up a lot of that fender gap. Once you fix that then see how you feel about lowering. A simple lowering spring will help close the gap even more
Yes I was planning on getting bigger tires. These are the ones that came on the rims. I will be taking them off in a few months for winter so I didnt want to buy new tires to have them sit for a few months. I was hoping that the gap would be smaller with the bigger tires but I didnt know how much closer it would be. Thanks
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

205 50 will give u like 1" more tire

Return to “Appearance”