KLZE/DE AT JUNKYARD!!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
NateBaden
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

KLZE/DE AT JUNKYARD!!!!

Post by NateBaden »

k i went to the jy today and was looking around cuz i wanted a new dash and looked into a ford probe and there was an engine with the mazda valve covers and a straight neck IM, so i was curious, i looked under the cover, and found KL31 cams!!!!
they want 200 for the engine so once i have got some saved up i wanna see if it will still be there

so just some more questions, what else should i look for to confirm that it may be a KLZE or if it is a KLDE??
all i know is the KL31 cams, but i am still a noob with a passion to learn about the mx-3's so if i could get any advice on this i would greatly appreciate it!!
Evo_Spec

Re: KLZE/DE AT JUNKYARD!!!!

Post by Evo_Spec »

the head should be stamped KL31 as well.
we have a really long post about this actually, if you search it up i'm sure it'll come up
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

found it, i just searched klze junkyard.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... e+junkyard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

read through that and it should give you more than enough info to find out
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

KL31-1a1 and KL31-101 heads are the giveaway. Its proly a KLZE, even if its not 200 for the motor is a good deal..

Why do you have to save up 200$?
ice_mann
antispam: No

Post by ice_mann »

I wish that I could be that lucky and find a ze at the wreckers..... :crying:
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

It'll have KL31-1A1 stamped on it.

I remember years ago I was giving a ZE away and nobody wanted it. I ended up throwing it out, that sucked.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
NateBaden

Post by NateBaden »

i dont have 200 right now haha i have exactly 3 dollars hahah
hopefully in a week or two, and i do believe the head was stamped kl31-1a1, didnt have my glasses on so i couldnt really see, but im gonna do my best to get it and rebuild it lol
NateBaden

Post by NateBaden »

OH one more thing, another very newbish question but would the k8 manual tranny be safe to run the klze?? or should i buy the transmission with the engine?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It will be the stock probe tranny...which is the same as the mx-3 tranny.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
NateBaden

Post by NateBaden »

alright thanks man
just making sure, i'm a little brain dead today haha
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

This sh*t is so basic,,,come on. Doesn't anyone read anymore. This is one of those posts that makes me want to leave this site. Come on, do we only accept lazy people here.
You said, quote. "all I know is the KL31 cams, but I am still a noob with a passion to learn.unquote. Then show your passion and use the search feature. Oh and I capitalized your I's for you since you were to lazy to even do that much.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
gio289
antispam: No

Post by gio289 »

Daninski wrote:This sh*t is so basic,,,come on. Doesn't anyone read anymore. This is one of those posts that makes me want to leave this site. Come on, do we only accept lazy people here.
You said, quote. "all I know is the KL31 cams, but I am still a noob with a passion to learn.unquote. Then show your passion and use the search feature. Oh and I capitalized your I's for you since you were to lazy to even do that much.
Damn dude, you are always b----ing. Why don't you lay off for a while. Because people don't know as much as you, may have missed something, or just ask what you may believe to be a simple question, you jump down peoples' throats... Relax. And if it annoys you so much, why do you even comment. Just skip the thread bud. Ease yourself man.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

gio289 wrote:
Daninski wrote:This sh*t is so basic,,,come on. Doesn't anyone read anymore. This is one of those posts that makes me want to leave this site. Come on, do we only accept lazy people here.
Damn dude, you are always b----ing. Why don't you lay off for a while. Because people don't know as much as you, may have missed something, or just ask what you may believe to be a simple question, you jump down peoples' throats... Relax. And if it annoys you so much, why do you even comment. Just skip the thread bud. Ease yourself man.
Lmfao! :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Daninski wrote:This sh*t is so basic,,,come on. Doesn't anyone read anymore. This is one of those posts that makes me want to leave this site.
I share your frustration.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

gio289 wrote:
"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if the rules aren't neglected, and if the best searchs are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Web Site, to ride out the storm of ignorance, and to outlive the menace of newbies, if necessary for years, if necessary I will do this alone. I will never surrender. :) Sir Daninski Churchill
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”