URGENT!! car died

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93-Spec-Edn

URGENT!! car died

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Hello

Last night as I was driving at 50km/h in 4th gear my car suddenly died when i pressed the gas peddle. I pushed the car over to a parking lot and it started again with much difficulty but idled very rough. As soon as the gas pedal was pressed the car died instantly. I pulled out the disty, put in in and i cant get the car to start at all:\
-I pulled a plug and attached it to its wire and grounded it. When the ignition is turned I get a white/yellowish spark

what can it be? help!
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: URGENT!! car died

Post by mikeinaus »

93-Spec-Edn wrote:Hello

Last night as I was driving at 50km/h in 4th gear my car suddenly died when i pressed the gas peddle. I pushed the car over to a parking lot and it started again with much difficulty but idled very rough. As soon as the gas pedal was pressed the car died instantly. I pulled out the disty, put in in and i cant get the car to start at all:\
-I pulled a plug and attached it to its wire and grounded it. When the ignition is turned I get a white/yellowish spark

what can it be? help!
did you mark the position of the disty before you removed it? if not your timing is off and its going to make it that much harder to fix the problem.

are you getting any codes? im not sure but what describing sounds like how my car ran with the vaf unplugged. perhaps yours kicked the bucket? also sounds like it could be a massive vacuum leak. do you have the stock intake? the plastic accordian tube is known to dry out and crack over time. pcv valve intact?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”