Beer Slushie

Off-Topic Discussions
_-Night-Shade-_

Beer Slushie

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Ahhhh man I've left my beer in the freezer for too long again! It's turned solid... Has anyone had this happen to them or am I the only one?
Then after you thaw it, it tastes all flat and watered down. Is there a proper way to defrost it? LoL :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Beer Slushie

Post by Ryan »

Just don't freeze it, lol. Seems best if you drink it as it melts, instead of after it melts.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Post by SteeleMX3 »

1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Ahhhh man I've left my beer in the freezer for too long again! It's turned solid... Has anyone had this happen to them or am I the only one?
Then after you thaw it, it tastes all flat and watered down. Is there a proper way to defrost it? LoL :mrgreen:
they only freeze when you open them. something to do with the pressure in the bottle being released and allowing the subzero liquid to expand or something like that. try warming it up with warm water a bit before you open and it should be all good.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

mikeinaus wrote:
_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Ahhhh man I've left my beer in the freezer for too long again! It's turned solid... Has anyone had this happen to them or am I the only one?
they only freeze when you open them. something to do with the pressure in the bottle being released and allowing the subzero liquid to expand or something like that. try warming it up with warm water a bit before you open and it should be all good.
No, the can is rock solid when frozen. And in most cases it cracks open (if it's a bottle, if it's a can it just pops out) because as we all know water expands when frozen and melted, and a lot of the content of beer is water. Open or closed has nothing to do with it.
SteeleMX3 wrote:Wasted beer!!

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
Exactly.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “Off-Topic”