GUY"S HELP!!! URGENT MX-3 or Supra, Ripping me apart.

Off-Topic Discussions
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

GUY"S HELP!!! URGENT MX-3 or Supra, Ripping me apart.

Post by Dragon1212 »

I have a really tough decision to make here... I have my MX-3, and A chance just came up to buy my dream car... Supra, :shock: Now I'm not sure what I should do I'm not a rich kid so I can't have both. but i do't want to just let my Mx-3 go. I haven't even tinkered with it yet. But This was the car I wanted at the beginning, not the MX, but as I went through Grade 11 i really started to love :love: my car, dream up Ideas and since I joined this site I have thought nothing else but of my Mazda and how good it has been to me, and what I can do with it. The Fact that someone who buys it next Might be a idiot that will smash the f*** out of it or rip it apart really does make me cry actually :cry: , (I was going to say sad) My friend says buy it... I've only had my MX for a Year it has 187k kilometers, and I love It dearly. But I really Love this car and I'm Not sure what to do. I will be mad to pass it up But i'll be just as mad hearing my MX-3 was smashed or ripped to peice's because I sold it to get something else. Damn Its really hard to even write this.

Please help ME make this decision. I can't do this one alone.

Supra ad.
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo, Original 6 speed manual, Black/tan, 44,250 miles, 100% stock - never modified. I m the 2nd owner, Clean Carfax, Clear Title, Maintenance records available, all major services have been done (I can go into detail if requested), always garaged, brand new tires (Michelin Pilot Sports 2s). This car is in phenomenal condition.

Not Sure I want to let my Baby go.
My car was and Me were and unlikely pair, and now I love It so Dearly. Not even sure I would Let My insurance company Write it off again if I Smashed it.

Don't wanna Regret It.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Evo_Spec

Re: GUY"S HELP!!! URGENT MX-3 or Supra, Ripping me apart.

Post by Evo_Spec »

well...if its your dream car i say go for it, as sad as losing an mx-3 member is
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

how much is that supra?
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

thats what i forgot to add also, if the price is really good, there's no reason not to if you can afford it
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

$4,800 its in Jasper. It still is bugging me tho, Yea I found a site for my car, with people who know what its all about and can help me when I have problems and then I find the one car I Want and I really like my car now almost as much as that one. But I'm not gonna find a Club like this for that car... its so rare on the west coast.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

that is waaay to cheap. It should be over 10K can. It must have a blown head gasket or something. The local importer does not bring the non turbos in for that price
If you check it out, send it through the best XXX point inspection you can.
To add, what will you drive in the winter? 300+ rwd hp on our roads is a bad idea... esp with your age and experience.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Yea I see your point on our roads, but I have alot more experience than most people think, I've been driving crap since I was 4-5 years old couldn't reach the pedals... did it every weekend and drove with trailers and stuff. I actually had to rip the handbrake in my MX to keep the back out of some calivers way in strathmore. I didn't see her and It was good I was able to put my car into a slide even though it was only like 5 or 6 feet. It made sure both of us got away clean, and yea 4,800 is god d*** low I would inspect the car first I will most certainly be going by my dad and maybe Vlad (the autowrecker who actually shoved my car on me glad he did 98' Dodge grad caravan would have been kind of a bad first vehicle. Your not to start at the soccer mom car. It was decent tho...), just because of how rare it is to be in that good of shape. But it could be a firesale as well. oh and its not a import one. Left hand drive shown in another picture. Either canadian or american seeing as they posted the odometer in miles its a pretty good bet its an american one because Japan uses KM's.

Maybe winter would be my Excuse for keeping my MX but then my dad will point out that we spend 7 months In winter and only 5 in summer so its pointless.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

At jdm source.. a used 2jz is $1,950 usd. If this is a good supra, at 4,800.. I would expect it to have sold within 5 mins of the ad being up.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Lol its not a Jdm supra... but i expect it to sell fast too i already sent a message as soon as i found it so thats why i posted this as urgent. If he called back.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

I say keep the MX-3 since its been so good to you...
Wait till you are older or can better afford your "dream" car
AND your Daily Driver.
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Lowest price I've ever seen a supra sell for - guy is either selling a stolen vehicle, is pulling something on somebody or has no idea what the hell he is selling LOL. Either way something smells fishy!
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Lowest price I've ever seen a supra sell for - guy is either selling a stolen vehicle, is pulling something on somebody or has no idea what the hell he is selling LOL. Either way something smells fishy!
She has no idea what shes selling she doesn't have a drivers licence and she took the car from her husband in the divorce and has no use for it.
My dad wants me to KEEP MY MX now and buy this car if I want it
Could someone explain what secure pay in here is

Hello,
First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car.
The car is still available,I sell it at this price because i just finished the divorce with my husband.
When the divorce has finished i own this car. Now as a women i don't need it because i don't have driver license,
This car is in excellent working conditions, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services so both of us can be protected.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20.000.
The final price that I want for this car is $4.800 including shipping and handling.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon!
Thank you
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Yep! Sounds fishy!

Get the title in hand and either cash or a certified bank check for the amount don't go through ebay if you don't have to.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Dragon1212 wrote:Lol its not a Jdm supra... but i expect it to sell fast too i already sent a message as soon as i found it so thats why i posted this as urgent. If he called back.
you have no clue what I am talking about do you?

I'm saying that engine itself is worth half what the guy is selling the whole car for.

If this was true, I would have already bought the car instead of telling you this is not right.
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

Is the car long distance from you? Have you SEEN the car and person
Face to Face? If your going to go get the car... why wouldnt she want you to hand
her the cash money? That note from her was weird.. straight up strange. IMO!
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"

Return to “Off-Topic”