Need to know

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
NateBaden
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Need to know

Post by NateBaden »

I am having too many problems with my mx-3 and i don't have the money for it anymore..

i bought it for $1700 with a bad waterpump and heater core, i replaced them both
and i just got an exhaust system for it

i was wondering how much i could sell it for because i really cant fix it anymore, the guy i bought it from did not take care i\of it and it is really showing

my radiator hose just sprung a leak today at a friends place so i can't do anything more with this

if you could either email me at NateBaden@live.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or message me on here i would really appreciate it

i love this car and i am gonna miss it sorely but my family is having money issues right now..
wytbishop

Re: Need to know

Post by wytbishop »

I'm going to be away this weekend but next week I can come have a look for you if you like. If you really just want to sell it send me some pics and I'll try to give you an idea what it's worth around here.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
NateBaden

Post by NateBaden »

well if my cam position sensor is going then i might just look into the KLZE
cuz apperently my mom wont let me sell it lol
she doesnt think we could get enough for it after putting all the money into it so now i just need to find out if its my crank sensor or my cam sensor
if its the crank i am gonna get my mechanic to change it cuz they have done a lot of work with mx-3's
if its the cam, i am going to borrow my neighbors garage and swap in the KLZE

theres a place in toronto that imports j-spec engines all the time with like 25000kms
i want to buy most of the engine interior parts brand new so i dont have too many problems with it

i trust used, but with an engine i want to definatly put the work into it to make sure i dont have many problems

and they sell the KLZE for $616
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

stay away from TigerJapanese in toronto.

If you want to buy a ZE go to JDM Source in Calgary. At least that way you can go inspect the engine before you buy it. His shop is 5 minutes from my Mom's house. I will even go down and pick one out for you next time I'm down there.

BTW if it's your Cam angle sensor you just need a new distributor.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
NateBaden

Post by NateBaden »

how much does a distributer run?
cuz if its more expensive than the sensor itself my uncle will help me out with putting a new one in the distributer lol

and sounds good, thanks man

once i get this sensor replaced i'll check it out
i just dont think i could make it there without filling the damn thing up 5 times lol
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I would first pop over to pick n pull and see if I could find one from a car of the same year...you might get lucky. I also have a couple of spare distributors but I'm not sure off the top of my head which years. I might be able to grab them for you this weekend. If one of them works for you I'll sell it to you cheap.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
NateBaden

Post by NateBaden »

Nice sounds great man, just let mw know the price and i'll let you know when i'll be able to pay you
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Good price however never expect to end up even on most cars specially on mx3. Check out the kelley bluebook value and how much it costs to get it running. KBB doesnt really account for aftermarket mods btw.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”