Another good MX-3 down!

Off-Topic Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Another good MX-3 down!

Post by fowljesse »

Today at 3:45 PM, I was going down the road, feeling pretty good when a wild Tercel appears! Brakes, I choose you! They were not effective.
The Tercel ran a stop sign, which was there instead of a traffic light at the intersection where I had a green light. Since I had green, I wasn't on my guard. He tried to beat the traffic going Southbound, and fly into my Northbound lane. As soon as I saw him, I applied the brakes, which locked up, and I slid right into him, smashing my Driver's side front corner into the wheel, and knocking his passenger's side wheel loose, and damaging his PS front corner. The asphalt is very smooth there, and I wonder if I can sue the city.
I'll put up a pic of the damage when I get a mini USB cord.
I'm pretty devistated. I never got to dyno it properly :crying:
I'm driving an automatic Jetta, and it's killing my soul.
This whole week has sucked.
My neck started hurting about 45 minutes after the wreck, so tomorow is going to suck.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
WhiteFinish

Re: Another good MX-3 down!

Post by WhiteFinish »

Damn, that sucks Jesse !!!

Good luch with your health and of course with the Mx.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

Damn man, that sucks!

I know the feeling had some guy try to merge into a lane on the highway...While i was still in it! Wish ya' good health and its always good to hear that the car is destroyed and its driver is fine (relatively speaking).
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Noway! This is poor news! Sounds like you're due some significant compensation? Go to the docs and have your sore neck put on file.

The way you wrote that I thought you meant a caracal :lol:

I hope it works out for you, that's a really lame thing to happen, especially to such a worked on car nevermind your neck pain...
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

This is just temporary, right? It's repairable, right? Wish you all the best man.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Well that sucks but you do have a silver lining now :) neck pain = money :)

Make sure you go to the doctor. Don't be one of these fools that don't go because its just some minor neck pain and will go away... Thats just dumb, and will cost you money you could be entitled to.

You'll be back up and running in no time with more money to put into the car than before.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Oh man this isn't good. Hey Jesse I know a real good Law office there. The office of Dewy, Burnham and Howe. :lol: Perhaps you've heard of them. Ok time for the pics, lets get a look at the carnage.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

That sucksssss!! I'm glad you're ok though. Def go to the docs about ur neck and see what's up, could be something that seems minor that could actually end up being a big issue.

Pics of the damage? I hope that the insurance won't try to eff u over
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I assume that police were on scene. Was the Tercel driver given a ticket? Did the police find him at fault and document it somehow?

I wish you the best of luck Jesse. I"m sure you'll come out of it ok. Make sure you get that neck taken care of. I've been battling a neck problem I picked up in a car accident since I was 17 and it's no fun.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks for the concern everyone.
I took pics of all 4 sides of both cars, his driver's License, and Insurance card. The cops didn't care, and gave no citations. However, his insurance claims full responsibility. I assume they'll total it, but am hoping they fix it.
I went to the ER ASAP, and am waiting for the guy's insurance to call me back about my options for care. I was devistated, but feel a little better now.
The cops had me move out of the intersection, and the car idled like it was on 3cyl, and of course drove badly. The corner is pushed in against the wheel, but the engine wasn't hit. It only lost a little coolant from the overflow tank. I hope it can be fixed.
It looked like the car was leaning a little to the damaged side.
I'll put up pics soon. No Caracal were harmed.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

From my experience, if I even get a dent from a accident on the mx3 its a write-off. Maybe take what u can get and find someone who can buy it at auction maybe for u and then get ur parts back
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

This is BS. Stupid 80hp tercel. How do you loose control over that? F'n punks. Let us know if any of us can help in any way. You're a big part of the "family."

Hope all is well with your neck. Soft tissue damange can be a betch.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Here in Alberta the insurance company would probably write it off and give you the option to buy it back. When I wrote my first one off they gave me $3000 and would have sold me the wrenck for about $800 but I declined as it didn't really have anything on it worth keeping.

You should be able to get a nice shell for what they offer you and buy the wreck and spend the rest of the summer swapping parts.

Fun project.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

:-/

Why didn't you backflip your car over theirs, and land on a bed of needles?

In all seriousness, sucks to hear about the car and your neck. Get a good lawyer and find your receipts for the car.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

oh man was this the lakersfan car..?

agree with everyone else. when i got hit in my driver's door it was a write off. good thing is i kept all the receipts for a big payout but since they consider the original value so low the buy back is pretty negligible.

hope it all works out well for you..

Return to “Off-Topic”