Hmmmm....... Brake warning light again?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Nickynoodles
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Hmmmm....... Brake warning light again?

Post by Nickynoodles »

A few weeks ago, I got the brake warning light come on. Took it straight to a garage, and they said it was my front brake pads worn down, so they replaced (I did not think this would make the warning light come on?) anyway, it needed doing and the light went off!

Today it has re-appeared!! I have checked the brake fluid and that is fine (mind you, whilst under the hood, I noticed there was no coolant at all!!! so I topped that up) :roll: So my question now is, what could the warning light be?

Cheers x
mitmaks

Re: Hmmmm....... Brake warning light again?

Post by mitmaks »

Does your car have ABS? Btw Brake light won't come on cause your pads are worn down.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nickynoodles

Post by Nickynoodles »

Yes it has ABS :)
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

I believe the brake light is a sign of an issue with your ABS system.

Call me skeptical, but I wouldn't be surprised if the shop just reset your ABS module when they replaced the pads. That way they made some money on pads which may or may not have needed replacing.

For the most part, mechanics are scam-artists. Even if you find a shop that seems honest, once they know you'll keep coming back, they'll find ways to make you have to come back.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

I had a car that the connection was going in and out on the e-break, to where the break light would randomly come on and I could sometimes just lift and drop the e-break and it would go off again, or would stay on for x ammount of days then randomly go off.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I had a bit of experience with this too. It would come on during harder acceleration, corners, and braking. It was just the float in the reservoir doing its thing.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Nickynoodles

Post by Nickynoodles »

Well it is going in to my garage lads on Thursday, the engine needs a bit of a tune up and other minor bits and pieces so they will look at it then, I trust them 100%. Why did you not take it to them in the first place, I hear you ask?, well they have been closed for a while due to the owners child passing away :cry: and it needed doing. But at least Henry is back working now, so it should get sorted, will let you know the outcome!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”