Autocross Racing

Off-Topic Discussions
crazycanadian

Autocross Racing

Post by crazycanadian »

Hey how many guys out there autocross race?? I am looking to put together a mazda team for UBCSCC big team enduro autocross event coming up... anyone interested?? A set of toyo R888's are up for grabs..

You can check out the event details here..
http://forum.ubcscc.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the beast I'll be running.. its an SMF 92 323 built from an mx3... KLDE v6 swap, all mx3 subframes,control arms suspension.. mx3 seats.. lots of fun..

Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Autocross Racing

Post by Maliceday »

I would love to get into the autocross, but I don't have a valid d/l. :( I've been wanting to practice it as well, but I can only do so much driving around and not really sure what else I can do. I havn't been out to an event before so not really sure on any of the spacing and such. Hopefully I will get my d/l back by the time the year is up... A little over 7 years in the waiting and it sucks.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I regularly auto-x my FD but its getting alittle too powerful for its tires, gotta upgrade next season.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I've never tried yet, but I'd love to get into it.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

I love autocrossing my mx-3. I don't know where that event is located at but if it was close i would try to make it.

On a side note, u sure are kissing that cone in that picture. looks good. good work on the car.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Sorry guys the event is in pittmeddows BC canada... we race out at their air port on a 400'x1000' pad.. Normally we have to set up pits and grid on the same pad, but this event we got the run way next to the pad secured.. this provides us with the ability to build a bigger fast course then we normally get..
lowflyinmx3 wrote:I love autocrossing my mx-3. I don't know where that event is located at but if it was close i would try to make it.

On a side note, u sure are kissing that cone in that picture. looks good. good work on the car.
Thanks man.. I am looking forward to this event.. I am hoping for nice weather so I can see how the car will handle now in the dry with a wheel alignment...

I have the second pic to that one with the cone flying.. I managed to kiss it pretty good.. My passenger for that run happened to be my mom... her first and last time coming for a ride.. hahahahaha...
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Here is the 2nd pic from the sequence.. bye cone! lol..

A few more of my autocross pics..

This is a very fun 911 I have had the chance to drive a few times.. the owner of the car is an amazing driver and really knows how to run the car on that fine line... my best to date is 0.3sec slower then him..

This is the MX3 that donated its life so that my little V6 323 could be built... My friend who origonally owed the car decided to strip down the MX3 and put everything into the 323 since its lighter..

911's can be a little tricky to drive at times..

My 88 323GTX... Our winter slush series makes for some really fun challenging driving..

Yes that a little bit of snow on the ground... We race up here all year around..

My old 89 323.. B6T swapped... RIP.. poor car go t-boned...

Anyone else got pics?? post them up...

If anyone is from the vancouver BC area or anywhere close, you should really come check out the events.. come have some fun...
http://www.ubcscc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

If you are not on three wheels, you're not going fast enough...

PS: CASC-OR reginal event #4 is taking place at Kawartha Downs near Peterborough. $35 entry fee...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

In Ontario, look for the MSOC and HADA events
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Couple of us MOCAs AutoXing- we all run in SM b/c we all have motor swaps. They changed the rules for SM to have FWD in one class and RWD and AWD in another this year. So that we might acutally be competative this year, but none of us are AutoXing this year. lol Darn Subies are terrible to race against.
Jaydog5678 BP-T
AtlMX3 BP
GreenTurd KLZE
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Flyer wrote:If you are not on three wheels, you're not going fast enough...

PS: CASC-OR reginal event #4 is taking place at Kawartha Downs near Peterborough. $35 entry fee...
hahah.. nice to bad you aren't going fast enough.. I don't quite see a tripod... lol. :mrgreen:
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Or you have stock suspension :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:

Or you have stock suspension :mrgreen:
WRX's and VW's are good for getting some serious 3 wheeling action.. lol..

The big local UBCSCC team enduro event is coming up fast.. so far we have 13 teams signed up... 2 more looking for a final person and about another 10 people with no team so far.. We race out at the pit meddows air port if you are interested..

http://www.ubcscc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

This was my first autocross. I got lost on the course, and hesitated. It wasn't well marked :shrug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjNerCPUytg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Looks like a small pad to run on.. the rain must have been fun...

Return to “Off-Topic”