Surgefilter - '97 RS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Surgefilter
antispam: No

Surgefilter - '97 RS

Post by Surgefilter »

Hey guys,

Thought it was about time I started a log here after seeing a few UK-MX3.com guys posting, and with all the exciting stuff happening to my car now. :D

Bought it Jan '10 as a bone stock Irish spec RS (Comes with the full V6 bodykit as standard. 8) ):

Fast forward to now, car got vandalised amongst other stuff ( :x ), so I decided to pull it off the road for a while and get it looking good again.

I've so far collected these parts to fit to it:

- JDM Eunos Presso front lip
- 5 spoke GS Wheels w/ Eunos centrecaps
- JDM power folding mirrors
- JDM Wraparound spoiler
- Early MX seats
- EDM/JDM V6 front strut brace
+ a couple of other little things

Most not on it at the moment.

Here is the car as of a few days ago:

I've been wanting the full length JDM sideskirts since forever as well, and since I can't find any for sale I decided to make a set of replicas for the car. Won't be 100% exact but good enough for me. :D

Before the MX-3 I had a Nissan 100nx (NX1600/NX2000 to you US guys) which came with sideskirts as standard, before the NX was stolen & burnt out I took the 'skirts off. I took 'em out recently and checked if they would fit the MX and suprisingly they almost fit perfectly and don't require much modifying.

The NX skirts are in 2 pieces (the join is at the red line), I'm not using the rear 100nx piece, instead I'm blending the standard MX-3 side spat into the Nissan skirt. It should look pretty decent, will match my JDM lip very well too. You can see the outline of the spat from the silicone adhesive stuff left from removing it. It'll mean that I can use all the original Mazda mounting points for the skirts at the rear. Which is handy.

Got a friend to photoshop how it's going to look when done:

8)

Should be back on the road mid August with all the stuff on it & with a full respray. Some of the pics are hosted from my facebook so if anyone can't see them I'll reupload them to my photobucket.
Last edited by Surgefilter on July 3rd, 2010, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let water find it's own level
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Ryan's '97 RS

Post by fowljesse »

Cool! What a stroke of luck that those fit.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wow that's a great collection of parts that you've got - that will make one good looking mx-3!

I like how you are going to combine the front of the NX skirts with the little rear skirt piece... that will match the JDM front lip nicely! :welder:
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I was about to say, how many cars does ryan have. Car looks good, but you should change the title to your user name.
Surgefilter

Post by Surgefilter »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:I was about to say, how many cars does ryan have. Car looks good, but you should change the title to your user name.
Done. :wink:
Surgefilter

Re: Surgefilter - '97 RS

Post by Surgefilter »

Collected all my JDM bits today and I got a rather nice (& free!) suprise thrown in as well - Eunos Presso floormats :D :D :D

Need a bit of a clean, but they are mint, especially the passenger side one.

Really happy with the wheels too 'cos they have no curbing marks at all, just need a thorough clean.

:D
Sisko182
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Surgefilter - '97 RS

Post by Sisko182 »

I'm diggin' the look of your car. The paint is so shiiiinyyyy.....
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”