How to change gear oil of Mx3 V6 1.8 manual

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
lokuayya
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

How to change gear oil of Mx3 V6 1.8 manual

Post by lokuayya »

Hi guys,

Can some body help me with info on How to drain transmission fluid on a manual V6 1.8 and how to re-fill it. I found few topics related but they were really confusing

1. Is there a bolt that I can take off to drain the oil ? ( like in normal engine oil change)

2. how to refill once I drain it ? .

Thanks in advance. appriciate your help guyz
tc
mazdags94

Re: How to change gear oil of Mx3 V6 1.8 manual

Post by mazdags94 »

First, raise the vehicle and make sure it's level.

There's a large bolt (19mm?) on the bottom of the transmission (not on the bell housing). Once you remove the bottom bolt, the fuild will drain out as if you were changing your engine oil. Once done, you'll reinstall the bolt.

To refill the fluid (about 2 1/2 quarts IIRC), theres another bolt on the side of the transmission (radiator side). Remove it and fill with fluid until it starts to drip out. Then reinstall the bolt and you're done!

You may need a pump to get the fluid into the hole otherwise you'll most likely get it all over. If you need further clarity on this, you can find how to do this by consulting the online manual: http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
harthadavis
antispam: No

Post by harthadavis »

V6 is an amazing engine, nut must be taken care of I changed the oil and filter every 3000 km, and the use of HLA-valve treatment. Magnatex Castrol Oil, and the use of one drop every 3 REDEX months.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

What is the Search function not working this week.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I recommend the workshop manual, available from the homepage. I also recommend banning the harthadavis, which is a bot.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

harthadavis wrote:V6 is an amazing engine, nut must be taken care of I changed the oil and filter every 3000 km, and the use of HLA-valve treatment. Magnatex Castrol Oil, and the use of one drop every 3 REDEX months.
"gear oil" :wink:
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “Transmissions”