Malicedays' '94 MX-3

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Malicedays' '94 MX-3

Post by Maliceday »

So, I figured that with the minor things I've done, and the tons of things I want to do and can do to the car, that I would start up a work log. So far we have a cleaned up EGR and vac. line, lowerd on drops, 16in low profiles, black out tail lights, and then real minor stuff such as tinted windows and such.
I just recently picked up the car and have a major list of things I want to do, and figured I would just piece it together here and there and save money for the big stuff as it comes along.

Cleaned up EGR

Going to be polishing headlights soon as well as adding second underset

Black out tail lights

16in. Low Prof. on drop springs

Last edited by Maliceday on June 21st, 2010, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: The long hard road

Post by Daninski »

Engine area looks nice and clean, nice to see that. Welcome to MX-3
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'll be watching your progress :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

It's going to be more of a piece together as it comes along due mainly to finace, but there is a yard not to far away from me that currently has 3 93's and a 95 (naturally no 94's) so I'm going to head down there and check out some stuff for interior and if they happen to be modded in any way and yank those parts.
My main goal right now is to do minor engine work (new vac. lines, rad. hoses, all other hose and clamp, dis. cap & rotor, cleaned up a bit) and work more on the outside and interior since I want to swap the block out and it wouldn't make a lot of sense to dump money into the block just to then remove it. I might still doll it up some though with colors and parts that can transfer over.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
Maliceday

Re: Malicedays' '94 MX-3

Post by Maliceday »

So, with the EGR system out of the way, it's time to move on to other things finaly.

Blocking of EGR

'Fabricating' the seal to match the gasket. I can't remember who it was, but I read a few of their posts, and they had mentioned that they were more into computers than anything at all, so I figured I would mention that, instead of buying or finding a few squares of sheet metal, that I took apart one of my burnt out power supplys for my comp and used the casing.

Making sure everything fits and half way through filing for the burrs.

Remember kiddies, it's important to wear protective gloves when working with sheet metal

Installed the block off plate in replace of the gasket, and placed the EGR valve back in as well so I didn't have to mess with any bolt size difference or anything of that sort. Connected the vacuume line back to the EGR as well instead of just plugging it seeing as the line only functions once the valve opens and draws air.

I've left the harness unplugged, but I'm going to try to connect it and see if that will take care of the CEL since the EGR now even if opens will not have a function. Not sure if it will work or not, but takes care of that annoying orange glow.

Next on the list is to start replacing all vacuume lines and connections.

This one was split and temp fixed with some elec. tape.

The PCV valve slides out with out any resistance at all really, so going to get that replaced

And also the CAI hose... It has some cracks that do not go all the way through, but taped it up also just to make sure I didn't miss a small one. I plan on replacing this with actuall piping instead of plastic.

All vac lines and of the like I plan on getting either in color or coloring myself to start that whole process.
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

So, its been quite some time (5 months ish) but I'm back on here and movin around. Just set up a purchace for some mud flaps and some altezzas and halo projectors and HID conversion... However, at the store today some a-- pissed the guy off in front of me, so the guy in front of me hit his breaks. The a-- the stopped and started to get outta his car, so dumb a-- in front of me kicks into reverse and punches the gas so he and other a-- could be manly men and flip each other off some more or something... anyways, his suberban ended up ontop of my 3. Now I end up getting out of the car ready to fight both of these to for what just happened. First a-- pulls off and leaves, second a-- (suberban) gets out while I do and low and behold its an old friend from middle / high school that haven't seen since.
Good thing, he is a manager type at a shop and will fix anything I don't have the tools to do. (Frame align ect) Also, due to my car being lowered and his much higher, the only damage done was hood, drivers head light and marker light. There is a slight push on the bumper support as well as the bar across the radiator that holds the hood latch. All parts from pick-n-pull come to 70 bucks, and he's giving me 200 for the mess up and free reign of the shop after hours or if no bussness is in.
Best part - head lights are already getting replaced so no cost. There is also a friend of mine that has a blown 3 that I. Can take all the parts I need from. Its a 93 though but I belive all outter frame parts are the same fit to my 94. Anyways, some pics after 'fixing' the hood and jaring it shut so I could get it home.

Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Okay, just placed the order for the halo projectors w/ HID conversion kiit. Also smoked Altezzas are on the way. I am picking up a 93 mx3 and going to be swapping a lot of parts over as well as just fixing up the front end. The 93, to my understanding, has pwr windows and locks so going to swap the doors also plus some others probably. So in the next month there will be more pics of upgrades and work done. And thanks to Mooneggs for the info I'm going to be doing a primer paint to get all the colors the same.
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

So got these today from UPS

Now just need the donor car to fix the front end to be able to install. I'm thinkin the LEDs for the turn signals but may just have them set with the running lights due to the extra wiring.

Should be getting the smoked altezzas tomorrow and can install those.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Damn man.. now i'm jealous. Those look sexy!
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Fowljesse did a complete write up on installing those lights if you need it. Those are Spyders lights by the look of it so use 'spyder' in your search.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

They are not spyders, but from what I've seen they are spot on. I have to disasimble the entire front end and get it ready to swap but I will check that write up out for the wiring and where the best place for the balast to be is.
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Altezzas came in today! At least these I can instal now without waiting.

Both sets came from Protuning.com. The Altezzas are smoked, but they have 3 others as well. Crome, Carbon Fiber, and Black. The Projectors came with HID conversion fully installed w/ 2 bulbs (and one of the only places I could find w/ 4300) so basically 'plug and play' minus the LED wires. They also have free shipping for most areas! I'll post more pics after install and during the tear down of the front of the car and the lights put in.
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Okay, front end torn apart and tested the HIDs. The high beam kicks off the HID so gonna see if there is anyway around that so the HID stays on with the high beam. Only other problem is the fitting. There is about a half inch gap from quarterpanel and the light. Didn't have much time since had to get to work to mess with it though. Going to swap pics from the cam to phone tonight and upload the placement.
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Busted headlight out and ready to begin

Bumper and support off as well as passenger light

The start of a stock pile

Problem with fittin the projector on drivers side! BAH!

Vecia

Post by Vecia »

I'm looking forward to your writeups, man. I'm kinda on the same path. Good luck, bro!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”