Wiper electrical

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Dark_Rider2k3

Wiper electrical

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

So I recently bought some parts for a rear wiper (rear wiper motor, washer tank/pump/lines/nozzle). I didn't know, though, to grab the wiper CPU (and I forgot to grab the wiper arm).

So, I am getting up some ideas.. should I:

A: Go back and grab the CPU/wiper arm

B. wire in my own configuration

If I go with B, I was thinking of having it just come on with the front wipers. I could hook up the wiper/squirters together in the same way the front is.

What are your thoughts? I have print-outs of the rear wiper/washer and of the front wiper/washer and as far as I can tell the differences are:

1. The rear motor does not have an "autopark" switch (the setting that lets the wipers fall back into place for the front).

2. The rear motor does not have various speeds (other then intermittent and always on)

3. The rear motor does not have various intermittent settings (though they both operate via. a capacitor, and this shouldn't matter much)

So yeah.. I am just wondering if those things will matter much..

most likely it's a matter of me sucking it up and driving back to the junkyard to grab those pieces, but yeah.. would like to avoid that if it's at all possible lol.
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Wiper electrical

Post by Sleeper6 »

I would get the bits n pieces, the rear wiper does get annoying when its on constantly for me. Personally I only use it to clear the snow or rain if it builds up while Im driving. As for the other bits when you turn it on it goes 3 times i think before it goes intermitently like your fronts, otherwise theres the setting to just make it go once. As for if it goes back when you kill the power it wont but it does go back to place if you kill the switch.

Hopefully this helped a bit :)
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Yeah I knew that much (about it not stopping and only having 2 settings).

So yeah looks like I'll be grabbing the other parts and then start my wiring lol.
MapaX5
antispam: No

Post by MapaX5 »

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:Yeah I knew that much (about it not stopping and only having 2 settings).

So yeah looks like I'll be grabbing the other parts and then start my wiring lol.
UH....what other parts?
i'm asking because i, too, am trying to do this mod. i live in rainy FL, and i hate that you can't see out your rear window when it's just sprinkling out there. I grabbed a rear hatch, with a wiper and the wiper washer bottle/hoses.
everything is installed, and now i am wondering how to make it all work...
any help would be appreciated.
i also looked at the wiring diagram (z-64) but i can't really tell what wires go where, since the letters that describe the wires are very hard to read.
i have a 94 w/airbag. i got the parts off a 93 w/o. so i have completelly different wiring harnesses under the steering wheel.
thanks for the help.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

MapaX5 wrote:
Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:Yeah I knew that much (about it not stopping and only having 2 settings).

UH....what other parts?
i'm asking because i, too, am trying to do this mod. i live in rainy FL, and i hate that you can't see out your rear window when it's just sprinkling out there. I grabbed a rear hatch, with a wiper and the wiper washer bottle/hoses.
everything is installed, and now i am wondering how to make it all work...
any help would be appreciated.
i also looked at the wiring diagram (z-64) but i can't really tell what wires go where, since the letters that describe the wires are very hard to read.
i have a 94 w/airbag. i got the parts off a 93 w/o. so i have completelly different wiring harnesses under the steering wheel.
thanks for the help.
Hmmmm not sure about the '94 style cars.. might be a good bit different.. But for my car I need (some of which I have):

Rear wiper and washer hardware (including hoses and stuff), hatch, hatch wiring and washer wiring, steering column (you need the wiper arm that has the controls for the rear wiper), and ECU (near the fuse box) that controls the rear wiper.

I only need to get from the junkyard the ECU, a bit of wiring that goes to the ECU, and the wiper controls.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”