Turn signal problem 1993 1.6L

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
ryant26
antispam: No

Turn signal problem 1993 1.6L

Post by ryant26 »

My problem is that my right signal does not always work. Sometimes I try to turn it on and I can hear the ticking but the cluster arrow does not light up, when the cluster arrow does not light then the actual signals do not light as well. When the cluster arrow does not illuminate I can hear the ticking very very quickly. Sometimes if i leave the signal on for a while or just randomly when i turn it on it will work properly.

Just recently I did take the tails off and i might not have put that bulb in snugly if that does not solve the problem anyone know where else i should check? Also would a loose rear bulb cause the cluster arrow to not light up?
Newfie_dan

Re: Turn signal problem 1993 1.6L

Post by Newfie_dan »

There are a few things but start with the simple stuff, replace the signal bulbs, once thats done if the problem persists change the signal relay.
ryant26
antispam: No

Re: Turn signal problem 1993 1.6L

Post by ryant26 »

Thanks, turns out the bulbs are fine, I took apart the signal relay today cleaned it of some dust that was in there and now everything seems to be in working order.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”