Some more problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3ailiax
antispam: No

Some more problems

Post by mx3ailiax »

I have a 1993 mx-3 gs. the car runs good for about the first 5 minutes, but after it warms up it leans out and just kicks and shakes if I try to give it any throttle. Well I was underneath it today looking around and noticed that my egr valve has been completely bypassed. Also found 2 green wires that had been cut, was wondering if these could maybe go to the EGR or maybe the oil pump? The car ran fine for the first three months I had it, and I was wondering how the last person that had it got it to run with the EGR totally bypassed, and advice would be greatly appreciated! :confused2:
ninjajim4

Re: Some more problems

Post by ninjajim4 »

intake intake intake...

check for cracks in the accordion tube
wytbishop

Re: Some more problems

Post by wytbishop »

The EGR is an emmissions requirement. Almost everyone bypasses it when they swap motors, and though it is uncommon for someone to have gone tot he trouble of bypassing in on a stock engine, it is not likely to be causing your problem. The two wires are probably the remnants of one of the EGR valve harness connectors.

Wires-->oil pump?...um...no.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”