question about oil pump

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
crazy_rotary
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

question about oil pump

Post by crazy_rotary »

hi to all ,
i have been thinking about turbocharging my mx3 b6d and i've been running around with a few questions one of them has been about the stock oil pump do i need to change it for a better one or maybe do a dual setup ? and where will i tap for the oil , the return will go directly to the carter but where's the best place for me to go get it ? , am thinking small i just want a little more horse power like 150/160 will be enough do i need to change anything else ? i already change my clutch my gearbox and transmission are still stock , do you think they will handle the extra power ?

thanks in advance
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Re: question about oil pump

Post by youdirtyfox »

Hi,
seems we are doing pretty much the same then :) Im in the early stages of collecting parts,
and aiming for around 160 with a 323 turbo manifold/baffled sump and IHI VJ-11 turbo.
From what Ive been reading on here and other sites, and my knowledge of turbo conversions
on peugeots, gearbox and driveshafts will be fine for 160, so would the oil pump I reckon> its not usually changed on low boost turbo conversions.

oil return direct to sump yes and oil feed usually 'tees' off the oil pressure switch wich
you can buy adaptors for I think?

You;ll also want bigger injectors and some fuel/ignition management.

What clutch you using?

regards
Sam.
crazy_rotary

Post by crazy_rotary »

well i think my clutch is a raceland stage 2 18pins single plate .

well about the engine management i'm still searching (open to ideas )... in the beginning if i don't need it awesome but I've looked into mega squirt and i think it will work rather nicely
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

best to have it really.I would see what youre local mapper/tuner specailist recommends as per an ECU.
Megasquirt is supposedly good if you have the ability to build it and tune it yourself
(cost effective)

Or theres full management like Emerald, Omex etc or piggyback like emanage, or AEM that was recommended to me from someone on here.

all comes down to budget and whos mapping it I guess. Im not entrirely sure what Im using
yet but will be a piggyback probably as Im on a tight budget!
reaper_cory

Post by reaper_cory »

hi everyone. the car that crazy_rotary was talking about is mine , a b6d black from 1998 , i didnt have internet at home back then , so i used his acount. i intend to use a turbo and a intercooler from a volvo 440. what scares me is if the oil will reach effectivly all the parts of the engine at high speeds , with the stock pump . i also like to know how much hp with the stock engine and gearbox b6d can we get.
rigth now i have costum exhaust and intake , njk spark plugs , cai , and clutch.
mazpr

Post by mazpr »

No need to change the oil pump, I mean upgrade.

If its an old one with many miles would not hurt to put a new one.

The only thing is...

Do not use those titanium/ aluminum pulleys, stay with the stock harmonic balancer.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

sorry for the bad news, the last post was over a year ago.

Return to “Forced Induction”