tires

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
GIjoe
antispam: No

tires

Post by GIjoe »

what kind of tires should I use if I am going to be doing an autocross timed event?
did you know that my mx-3 thinks....?
wohpony

Re: tires

Post by wohpony »

Not sure if they make them in your tire size but I run Nitto 555's on my Cobra and they are the best tires I have ever owned. (long lasting and they hook like no other)
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

wohpony wrote:Not sure if they make them in your tire size but I run Nitto 555's on my Cobra and they are the best tires I have ever owned. (long lasting and they hook like no other)
You have a Cobra, what year? I have one too and run same tires in the back
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
wohpony

Post by wohpony »

2003 10th anni vert, what year is yours?
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Bigb22

Post by Bigb22 »

Try the falken rt615 I used them last year just for driving around which was a big mistake lol but any way they are one of the best tires I have used major grip no side ways sliding wet traction was good to except when they were down to say 20% other then that I loved them though the only Isis I had is that I ran through them in about 20 thousand km or more trust me I wasn't happy though I suggest if you get them have another set of rims to put them on I can help you if you need it I work at a tire and I can get you a discount
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Bigb22 wrote:Try the falken rt615 I used them last year just for driving around which was a big mistake lol but any way they are one of the best tires I have used major grip no side ways sliding wet traction was good to except when they were down to say 20% other then that I loved them though the only Isis I had is that I ran through them in about 20 thousand km or more trust me I wasn't happy though I suggest if you get them have another set of rims to put them on I can help you if you need it I work at a tire and I can get you a discount
Holy run-on sentence batman. Cannot understand what you said.

Anyways, as Bigb tried to explain.. the Falken RT615 is a decent and low priced tire that is good for auto-x, you can also look into the Hankook RS2 for DD and some autocross..

It depends what you are looking for right, do you want a strict auto-x tire? Or something you can drive to the event and back in?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'll jump in on this one with a clarifying question... What tires are best for daily driving, and autocross? I like my Fuzion Zris's, but is there something better?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

fowljesse wrote:I'll jump in on this one with a clarifying question... What tires are best for daily driving, and autocross? I like my Fuzion Zris's, but is there something better?
There are a TON of tires better then the fuzions. Not saying they are bad tire, but there are much better options. It all comes down to how much you wanna spend right. You can get some expensive a-- michelin's or a cheaper tire like a Falken Azenis.. For the budget minded auto-x junkie I have seen alot of people use the Falken Azenis (RT615) with good results. Some people hate em, most love em.

I think that the Hankook RS2 is an awesome tire that you can street and track/auto-x. Its a sticky tire with a low tread wear rating, but its still good in the rain and looks awesome. One of the best looking tires out there IMO. Nitto 555's are also a sickkkk tire.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, Solo, I'll look them all up :2thumbsup:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Hankook Ventus RS2s are awesome. I have a set that I use for track days. Street legal seriously sticky almost R-compound with awesome wet traction. I've had a hard time finding them, though...especially in the size I wanted.
cout

Post by cout »

solo_ryder wrote:Anyways, as Bigb tried to explain.. the Falken RT615 is a decent and low priced tire that is good for auto-x, you can also look into the Hankook RS2 for DD and some autocross..

It depends what you are looking for right, do you want a strict auto-x tire? Or something you can drive to the event and back in?
Looks like the RT-615 has been discontinued in favor of the RT-615K. Is the latter a better tire? Looks like they are priced higher.
1993 MX3 KLDE (formerly KLZE) 5spd LeMons car
KLZE 24 Hours of Lemons worklog
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Not sure, look online for reviews.

Just because they say they are discontinued online doesnt mean they dont sell em. They have been saying for a year or more that the falken ze512 has been discontinued in favor for the 912 but you can still buy the 512s..

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”