got a couple of Qs

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
psycotickustomz
antispam: No

got a couple of Qs

Post by psycotickustomz »

ok so im getting ready to do a b6t swap in my 93 mx3 and had a couple of questions about part interchangability. I just bought a 93 capri xr2 doner car, i couldnt pass it up i talked the guy down from $700 to $300 and it is a running car. my questions are will the speed sensor from my mx3 work in the xr2 tranny? Will the xr2 pcm work as a plug and play for my cluster or will i have to splice? Any info will be appreciated.
MapaX5
antispam: No

Re: got a couple of Qs

Post by MapaX5 »

i don't think the trannies will even work! the XR-2 tranny uses a cable opperated clutch, which is not compatible with our hydr. unit. they're not even interchangeable among capris.
good job on the buy though, very nice price.
just take the engine and swap it for yours. the sensors should work, and the harness will work as long as you change the sensors.
however, you will need (recomended) some sort of fuel rising system, and a timing control unit, as the XR-2 uses a vacuum activated distributor which will retard the timing and we don't. so when you go on boost, you could go...boom. lol.
make sure to run premium!
and get spark plugs for THAT engine, as they run colder than ours.
Why don't you just take the exhaust mani, bolt it up to yours, run the lines, retard your timing like 5-10* and be done?
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”