D^mn Honda

Off-Topic Discussions
94drumx3

D^mn Honda

Post by 94drumx3 »

gah....honda is pissing me off.
My friend has a civic hatch with an H2b swap that does high 11s n/a. Thats the h22 engine with a b series transmission.
I was wanting something to pretty much embarrass him with (cause thats what friends do), but a straight mazda swap into an mx3 wont even touch it.
If i was to get nitrous, he'll get nitrous. If i go turbo, he'll go turbo. Is there something that with a straight n/a swap will beat that or come close?
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: D^mn Honda

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

no
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

didn't think so... :(
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

straight n/a swap to run 11s ?

buy a liter sport bike and race him with that :)
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

94drumx3: you're looking at it wrong. It's not the car that's beating you, it's your friend. And he's beating you because you're playing his game.
The civic is a feather. So you won't be able to touch it with an MX-3...IN A STRAIGHT LINE.

Go to your friend, and tell him something like: "so your car is fast going straight. Big deal! Real race cars can go fast around corners."

Then, challenge him to a race in a road course. Let's see who wins there... :)
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

323 klze itbs megasquirt.

Fastest four words spoken.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Sounds like you've got penis envy.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Google "leo323"
11 flat N/A KL.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

yeah i never thought about corners. i'll have to start buildin my suspension tho

i'll look into that 323 kl.

thanks guys (well thanks to the helpful ones lol).
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

beat him with a CRX and a H22 lol

seriously- I wanna see a vid of a Civic with a simple stock motor/trans swap that runs 11s. I do not drag so maybe it is quite usual, but seems really fast for a simple set-up. Get him to run it around a few corners would be my bet too, but unless he sucks better HP to weight will beat you there too.
The MX-3 gurus of the day started trying ZE/DE swaps because Teggy's were killing us. (and really a stock Type R will still kill a ZE'd MX..)
There is a local guy who has/d (do not know if he sold it yet or not) a swapped Civic. He beats our(MOCA) better Auto-x guys in cone racing, but on a real track we toast him.
Besides, races with corners are not more expensive to prep for, just different way to prep.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

only one problem... if u come faster in corners with a mx3 he will just upgrade his suspension and destroy u.. civics have much more aftermarket and a better designed suspension layout to become even better than an mx3. then after that it all comes down to DRIVERS RACE!!! and also how you tuned the suspension!

wanna beat him all motor? everyone will hate me for this!! buy a mustang or camaro ls1 and be done with it and watch him try to keep up N/A.

or like jw said buy a crotch rocket... new GSX 750R or 1000? ;)

it would be cool if u made the mx fast is corners and straight lines enough to destroy him although he would probly make excuses why he lost and have a confused look lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

The biggest advantage of racing on a road course is that the car is not near as important as in drag racing. I have run circles around a civic in the past, on a stock(ish) Renault 9, and that car couldn't dream of competing with that civic in a straight line.

Winning in a road course has more to do with:

1. KNOWLEDGE. It's up to YOU to go to the track as many times as needed to get to know the circuit, and to set up the car properly. And, most importantly, to KEEP IT SECRET so your friend won't do the same.

2. Choosing the best track for you. You know your friend's civic is a missile, so don't let it fly. Choose a track in which YOUR CAR is better.
There are 2 things that the MX-3 does much better than the civic: hard turning and braking. So choose a track with a lot of tight curves, and short straights, and you WILL smoke him, if you learn how to get the best of your car in it.

3. SETUP. You need to get your car to be perfect for that track. A civic (and especially one that's set up for drag racing) will be wildly understeering. Move your battery as far back in the car as possible. You NEED to get your car to be balanced, or, better, slightly oversteering.
You need to play with different spring rates and shocks for your suspension, and get the stiffer suspension that's not gonna make you lose grip in that track, and then, you can experiment with things like getting rid of the front sway bar, for example (which will give you a LOT more grip in the front wheels), or replacing it for a softer one.

Bottom line, like I said more han once, races are won outside the track. Do your homework, and you will beat him, anytime.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

94drumx3 wrote:gah....honda is pissing me off.
My friend has a civic hatch with an H2b swap that does high 11s n/a. Thats the h22 engine with a b series transmission.
I was wanting something to pretty much embarrass him with (cause thats what friends do), but a straight mazda swap into an mx3 wont even touch it.
If i was to get nitrous, he'll get nitrous. If i go turbo, he'll go turbo. Is there something that with a straight n/a swap will beat that or come close?
Why are you even posting this?

A H2B hatch dont run 11's thats a pile of crap. I know 2 guys in Vernon that have h22 swaps, one JDM and one USDM both bolted and they can MAYBEEEEE get into the 13's. This "friend" of yours must have a empty shell with a car running full coils, race slicks and every bolt on you can get that is not FI.

I don't know why you are upset? Like the others said above it proly corners like crap and sounds like crap too. Don't sweat stuff like that, there are always faster cars out there then yours so just enjoy what you got.

Mod for yourself not for others, thats where you can run into issues.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

solo_ryder wrote:Mod for yourself not for others, thats where you can run into issues.
QFT!

Indeed, if he wants an Mx3 to compete against an 11 second car, it took a 450hp BPT to do low 11's will full trim. The PRM N/A KL Probe does 11's too, but I believe he's striped to under 2000lbs with a KL that had more work done to the motor than you can imagine.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

solo_ryder wrote:Why are you even posting this?

A H2B hatch dont run 11's thats a pile of crap. I know 2 guys in Vernon that have h22 swaps, one JDM and one USDM both bolted and they can MAYBEEEEE get into the 13's. This "friend" of yours must have a empty shell with a car running full coils, race slicks and every bolt on you can get that is not FI.

I don't know why you are upset? Like the others said above it proly corners like crap and sounds like crap too. Don't sweat stuff like that, there are always faster cars out there then yours so just enjoy what you got.

Mod for yourself not for others, thats where you can run into issues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0-LKhiYYIY

a straight h22 swap will be in 13's...a h2b swap with a few bolt-ons and drag radials should do 11's
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD

Return to “Off-Topic”