Slightly built ze with de pistons?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

Slightly built ze with de pistons?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hey guys, i know i know YES megasquirt is the only thing BUT

My friend has a slighly built engine.

We got toga engine bearings and millenia s rods installed on DE pistons. Klze heads.

Can anyone tell me around how much psi that can take before it pops?

We have aem wideband and all the goodies, we just need to know a safe level, example.. safe leven on a stock ze is 5 psi, but whgat about this light build?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Re: Slightly built ze with de pistons?

Post by fieromx3 »

not about psi hec... its about how much power your making....
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

duncan hit the spot on that one. and its Its all in the tune. I really don't think the millyS rods will make it be able to make more power. Yes the rods are a bit beffier but its all in the tune. I personally think when a ZE bends/breaks a rod its not because of too much power its from a bad tune. On almost any engine the rings and or ringlands won't take the excess pressure you get inside cylinders on a boosted engine.

This also sparks up one other question. How is he running millenia s rods on klde pistons?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

The other thing you could do is calculate your compression ratio (S rod length, DE piston height, ZE crank, and whatever else, what is it now?) , and see what motors with similar numbers are pushing. That will help you a lot with your tuning, too.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

mx3autozam wrote:
This also sparks up one other question. How is he running millenia s rods on klde pistons?

LOL that never even crossed my mind.... it is all in the tune but 350whp is really pushing those DE pistons.. some ppl have run even more power than that but they also had one hell of a tune and eventually blew the engines

or just compression test the engine and see what its actual compression is which should be a standard DE compression. and comparing cars isnt the greatest idea there so many varibles like piston crown thickness, material, engine size, ring lands and all
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

fieromx3 wrote:
mx3autozam wrote:

Well he took it to the machine shop, they had to modify the wrist pin and installed it on the rods.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Forced Induction”