Start problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
arendal
antispam: No

Start problems

Post by arendal »

I will start to sorry my bad English

I bought myself a second MX3.

It has a little start-up problems, both when it is cold and hot.

It has no error codes in when i readout,

I have changed spark plugs and air filter.

Have measured the ohms on the ecu coolant sensor. And it looks like it is working as it should ... And there are fine with water.

When I start, I can let the starter run as long as I want without anything happening, so I can get the key and wait 2sek and then start it immediately. Other times it will not without startgas ...

Spark plug is completely black, so assume it gets too much/rich fuel ....

Idle is very calm and stable. The car drive an accelerate as it should, no problems there.
If the car is operation temperature and i stop the car, and starts a little after, the idle is a bit rough, it almost is, go out, but if i drive for just 2 minutes then the idle is perfect again.

Thinking even a little about it can be o2 sensor? But would it also has startup problems?

Some one please help?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Start problems

Post by mitmaks »

Could be a number of things. A possible bad O2 sensor, vacuum leak somewhere, also might need a new cap and rotor.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
arendal

Post by arendal »

When i unmount Throttle position sensor, the car start very easy, and also smoke a little lesser... Could it be broken? or is it something else...
arendal

Post by arendal »

All vacum tubes look just fine.

I disconnet the intake rubber, and the throttle house is also very black inside... Just like the dirt in exchaust system...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”