swap or improve stock?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Milli
antispam: No

swap or improve stock?

Post by Milli »

i'm about ready money wise to get this thing going. I am stuck thought. I was originally going for the bp-t with all new internals and turbo (all the good stuff). But now I'm thinking if I was going to put all the internals in anyway I might as well keep it stock and put the internals in. Now the question is will the stock motor hold up if I replaced the internals? I know the bp is the prime choice because it is stronger. Also if I was to keep the stock motor what do you guys suggest I replace? I have a 94 rs. Also how much power can I get out this engine compared to a bp t. Is staying stock worth it if I was going to put new internals in anyway? Thanks a lot
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: swap or improve stock?

Post by Mnemonic »

simple solution to your problem 1.8 large motor more displacement = more power always over the 1.6

but if you're going to swap internals in the 1.8 bpt there is no point in buying a bpt just buy a bp and build it, the heads are better on the bp anyway. Will save you some money as a bp goes for 150-300 at a yard.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”