4g63 manifold

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

4g63 manifold

Post by nos92mx3 »

Well in my quest for an inexspensive turbo manifold for the BP, (excluding the stock turbo piece) I have come to find that the ports match up evenly between a 4g63 and a BP.
Soo with a little bit of welding and a drill press theoretically i would be able to bolt up a dsm manifold to a bp.

It gets better.

IIRC the f22a the f22b and the h23 all share the same exhaust manifold bolt pattern, and people in the honda crowd have used dsm manifolds with some redrilling.

So what does this leave us with?

With a little bit of work and a little bit of coin, the bp could use several different turbo manifolds.
In the coming weeks i will be testing to see what fits and what will not.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: 4g63 manifold

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I have the jgs precision turbo kit for my b6. 191.00 usd and you can have whatever turbo flange you want on it. They have the BP flange as well. IMHO you cannot get a better mani for that price. Good to 600hp and will never crack.
http://jgsturbo.com/index2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
can be seen in my WL:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 74&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a side note, I am using an upgraded turbo for the DSMs. Probably too small for the BP.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Well whether or not it will crack depends on who is welding it.
I am far from a professional welder :D even though none of the bolt holes line up, they are very close. Ive known about the jgs site for quite some time, I think i will go the road less traveled this time.

I look at it this way, there a few full flanged t3 accord manifolds on ebay that would require no welding, only redrilling holes for less than 100$ and they are cast, with decent external wastegate placement.

Probably wont be able to buy one until after x-mas, but ill continue researching and see what i can come up with.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

i will be making a batch of stainless equal lenght turbo manifolds soon with t3 flange and external waste gate flange for 500$...they will be out this winter and intakes will follow...still working on intakes....dohc b6 stainless turbo manifold will be done within an other month and will be 500$ each too
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

10secSim wrote:i will be making a batch of stainless equal lenght turbo manifolds soon with t3 flange and external waste gate flange for 500$...they will be out this winter and intakes will follow...still working on intakes....dohc b6 stainless turbo manifold will be done within an other month and will be 500$ each too
Thanks but no thanks.
If i were to have someone make me a manifold I would probably have Jwmotorsports make another one for me.

The purpose of this thread is not to have someone make one, or buy a premade one, but in case someone who had a little extra cash and might have some (or know someone ) with some fab skills. Ie as cheap as possible.

Normally i would just save, but as we get older the amount of $$ you can put into a car gets less and less, Ie responsibility.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

small update:
It seems the k series and the f22c share the same bore spacing with the other f and h series honda motors. So theres a good possibility that one of the manifolds from a k or f22c could work as well
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Ive found the solution i was looking for, was up until 2 last night and couldnt sleep for some reason and then it hit me.
It will be a cost effective solution that will allow you to bolt up just about any manifold (with proper port spacing).
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

mrwhite
antispam: No

Post by mrwhite »

Has anyone used the manifold frm protegegarage.com?
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

actually i have looked into this as well. I found a nice style rams horn header for a focus that i was going to mod to make it work. but when i got it the piping diamiter wasent what i was looking for. small like 1 and 1/4. oh well. was looking into buying one but dont really want to spend 500 bucks, and not to diss on the manafold from JGSturbo but, although functional not so much for for the looks department, and there are alot better designs that will yeald more power just from the design. I looked into buying all the bends and doing it that way but still expensive as all hell for the bends it would cost me around 200 to 300 to build the one i want, so i might as well buy one done for a little more. SO if you find a good DSM manifold that you like and it turns out good let me know im in the same debacle. :)
mrwhite
antispam: No

Post by mrwhite »

Ok I bn through about 20 pages in the forced induction section and came to the conclusion that I can use the ihi vj20 manifol and the manifold from etd..is this correct?

I just wana make sure I'm on the right track thanks.

Return to “Forced Induction”