2.5l tranny on k8?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
CrimsonReign1

2.5l tranny on k8?

Post by CrimsonReign1 »

im pretty sure this has been posted before but i swear i looked everywhere this morning and cant find it so screw it im posting again.

basically, the synchros in my tranny are going and the engine is still good so i dont really want to spend a ton of money at once. i'll eventually get a klze put in but i was thinking of putting in a klze tranny (from tiger jap.) in and using it with the stock k8 engine. also thinking of putting in a fidanza flywheel and exedy clutch with it.
are there any problems with doing this?
93 SE, black
solo_ryder

Re: 2.5l tranny on k8?

Post by solo_ryder »

The klze tranny (if non lsd, which it most likely is) is the same as the tranny you have now. So is the probe, mx6, 626 trannies. They are all the same g25m tranny. The only difference is the mx6 and 626 have longer gears, so on the highway the revs are abit lower. I wouldn't recommend getting a tranny from tiger as you will pay to much. Get a k8 or klde tranny locally to save cash.

Lsd is gonna cost u a lot of money and time to source the right axles to make it work. Don't bother unless you have the time/money/knowledge to do it. 99 percent of people are running ze swaps with no lsd.

As for the fidanza. Sure, also check out aasco flywheels. Go on ebay and get a oem exedy ford probe 2.5L clutch kit. Its cheap, complete and works well for a ze with the correct break in.
CrimsonReign1

Post by CrimsonReign1 »

ok, ill find a 2.5 mx6 or a probe tranny and rebuild it/get it rebuilt lol

i cant seem to find a aasco flywheel, but i did find a exedy clutch kit with a f1 aluminum flywheel, are these flywheels any good? i've never heard of them.
93 SE, black
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Where are you located. A few of us have spare trannies. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I wouldnt trust those F1 flywheels.

http://www.aascomotorsports.com/

Why do you need to rebuild the tranny when you get it?
mx3_aruba

Post by mx3_aruba »

i live in Aruba, could you send me one of those trannies? :lol:
CrimsonReign1

Post by CrimsonReign1 »

i live in bc, kelowna

i wont be doing the swap untill spring as im going to england for a few months soon
thanks for the info
93 SE, black

Return to “Transmissions”