sway bar question

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MapaX5
antispam: No

sway bar question

Post by MapaX5 »

does anyone know the actualy width or the RS sway bars? autozone says 19mm, advance auto says 21mm and pep boys shows like 30mm!!!
any ideas? i don't have a caliper, otherwise i'd go measure it.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
wytbishop

Re: sway bar question

Post by wytbishop »

It changed from year to year. I believe that the rear was always 18 or 20mm but I can't be sure about that. The front went from 20mm to 22mm in 96' iirc.

This information has been discussed in the past.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

i figured it was, i tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. i was asking so i could get replacements and do them while i do my shocks and then order the ES ones whenever you found that info for me.
thanks again.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Sorry, my desktop PC is really hurtin'. I am having trouble getting it to work and I need it to view the part files I created. I'm working on it.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

it's not rush. i just don't like body roll that's all. lol. the ones on it are WORN. like i can literally move the bar and it's loose in there. so that's why i wanna change them.
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

ok, so the struts are replaced! car feels like a new car, holy jeez! lol.
still want those ES sway bar bushings, but no pressure. lol. thanks again for your info/time.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The drawings I made of the SuperPro bushings that were in the kit I had were for a 20mm rear bar and a 22.8mm front bar. I know that I looked at the ES stuff once and the problem I found was that even with an ES bushing of the correct ID the stock clamps are not the right size to hold the bushing. You would have to find a way to secure the ES clamps to the chassis.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”