Flashing lights

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
gooseberry09
antispam: No

Flashing lights

Post by gooseberry09 »

I have a 94 mx-3 and when i start it the clock and all electrical components dim then brighten. Also the car revs up the Idles low then goes back to normal. can anyone help with this? :?:
Newfie_dan

Re: Flashing lights

Post by Newfie_dan »

clean your battery terminals and make sure they are tight on the battery posts first off, after that I would check the air filter, the intake tube for leaks and clean the throttlebody.
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Another possible culprit is a failed/failing alternator, or could be bad terminals on the battery, or might be bad grounding to the engine.
Start with a good wire brush, make sure the contacts are clean and you are getting a good metal contact. It's cheap and a good step anyway. Then maybe make some extra ground wires (use the search function to get ideas).
The alternator is the expensive fix, so save that for last.
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
freedgabriel

Post by freedgabriel »

thanks for your suggestions,,,,,
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

local parts store should be able to test alternator for you, as well as battery and starter
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
rozordermit

Post by rozordermit »

mitmaks wrote:local parts store should be able to test alternator for you, as well as battery and starter
yeah local parts stores will test this, but we don't know whether they test properly or not!!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Why would they not test properly? Just so they can scam you?? :confused2:

I've had alternators and batteries tested before when I suspected them and they weren't always bad.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well another possibility. is you have a 12v wire grounding out somewhere.
this will probally be the hardest thing to fix though.
just cuz you gotta find the wire and where its grounding.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

Mooneggs wrote:Why would they not test properly? Just so they can scam you?? :confused2:

I've had alternators and batteries tested before when I suspected them and they weren't always bad.
i brought a battery to pep boys for a charge once that was less than a few months old, after the alternator went out. of course they always test them first, and he said it was bad. i told him i knew the battery was dead bc of a bad alternator, and it was practically new. so to prove me wrong, he pulled one off the shelf, which also tested bad. tried with three more. machine was busted. then he says, oops... just sold a few today, haha. yea, ha ha ha :roll: today? who knows how long it's been broken for...

not to say it was deliberate, but they're not the brightest bunch workin those parts stores...

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”