Great Deals, lets hear about yours.

Off-Topic Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

Great Deals, lets hear about yours.

Post by Daninski »

OK so I go into Canadian tire and they're clearing out car stereos. They have a Kenwood KSC-WA82RC powered sub reduced from $270 down to $20 bucks. This thing is in perfect shape except it's missing the 9 wire power cable. I modify a mother board cable from a computer power supply and after like 1 minute of searching on the internet I have the schematic and I'm in business,. I love great deals like this. I also got a brand new Pioneer deck in the box for $30 reduced from $269. Lets hear about your deal.

2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Savin

Re: Great Deals, lets hear about yours.

Post by Savin »

I bought an '89 mustang for $500. Rust free, sat under tarps and garaged for 7 years. And I believe it to only have approx 47k original miles, not sure though. Does that count?
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

4 piece mazdaspeed style body kit.. last one ever made by Erebuni reg: ~$700 Paid $50
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Not my deal but I was present when it was made...in 2000 I think.

1969 Mustang convertable. Meadowlark Yellow. Mint...but like really mint. 31,000km on the clock and actually owned by a little old lady. Her husband was the original owner. He had died in the early 70's she said and she didn't drive. So it sat. I worked at Classic Performance in Calgary that summer and she looked us up in the yellow pages under classic. She brought it in and sold it to a friend of the owner for $3500. It was the nicest original car I've ever seen. I believe it would have sold at auction for $30k+. They even tried to talk her out of it but she didn't seem to care. It was like a scene from a movie.

One of the most amazing things I've ever seen.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

if its not car related i would have to go with me getting a Wii and 7 games for 150.00. no it wasnt stolen. But car related was my Mx3 for $200 from my now wife. so i get the car and the girl. oh yeah.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Whoe nice deals, of course that 69 Mustang for $3500, unbelieveable. $50 bucks for a body kit I likes and Savin, did you get that 89 on the road?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Savin

Post by Savin »

On the road? As in running? No, not yet :( I only Bought it 2 weeks ago, its in "kit" form, hehe.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

My tires were marked 480/pr, but the stooge at the counter rang em in as 480/full set! Mounting and balancing, chrome valve stems and lug nuts free. Booyakasha.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

93vtecklr wrote:My tires were marked 480/pr, but the stooge at the counter rang em in as 480/full set! Mounting and balancing, chrome valve stems and lug nuts free. Booyakasha.
Sorry, but the way I see it, that's not a good deal. That's stealing.
As a man who has several times caught cashiers on those kinds of mistakes (and always told them), I really don't think that's something worth boasting about.

Not cool. Seriously.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Whatever, Kal Tire makes money hand over fist. I'm not too concerned, if they call me saying they made a mistake I'll go back in, otherwise whatever. In this day and age I'll take what I can get. When I get gas and they put in 3.38 instead of 33.80 I tell them. I'm an honest guy, to be truthful I didn't realize the mistake until I got my visa statement at the end of march. Being called a thief doesn't bode well with me. For arguments sake let me say this, to all members of http://www.mx-3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, consider this my 'FEEDBACK' page and never sell me anything. Cause I'm a thief. Not cool, seriously.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
Inodoro Pereyra

Well, I'm sorry you don't like being called a thief, but that doesn't change the facts, as you stated them.
Kal tire didn't lose money on your transaction. The cashier that made the mistake most likely had to pay for it either in cash, or if the company suspected any kind of foul play, with his job.

But then, your excuse is that you'll take what you can get. I guess we're different then. I only take what I can earn.

But you're an honest guy because you tell the cashier if they make a $30 mistake. However, you're not honest enough to report a $500 mistake.
What's the limit of your honesty? $50? $100?

Whatever. Right?

Diogenes of Sinope.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Okay, I'm not one to start a forum feud, so I'll apologize that because some guy screwed up I got a major discount. The guy that worked there still does. In fact, we just put new tires on my wife's wrangler unlimited, and he sold me the tires. Obviously since he's sold me a new set of tires for almost every one of my vehicles every spring, and we know each other by name I'm pretty sure he would have told me. Maybe they were discontinued? Maybe they had a sale? Either way I know that I got 4 tires for the price of two. I make no excuses for any action, economic climate, word I have spoken, or feeling I may posess, and especially a deal I may receive. So please don't put my validity as a consumer into question. And if it pleases the court I will go talk to Jay, at Kal 91, and find out today why I got such a deal on said tires. I assumed he made a mistake because of the charge to my credit card, however I don't have the statement from Kal saying why I received the price that I did. I am not a thief, and have never stolen a god damn thing in my life. Or for that matter asked anything of anyone. In fact (and to my shegrin for not having mailed them yet) I had something produced for the SE that is no longer produced and told a few members here that I would not ask a penny from them. And Wyt, I promise when I get some time I'll get them sent to you, as well as the others that requested them. I hold my respect like I hold my head, high. And to those who feel they must disrespect (although disagreement is a whole other matter, quite justified in my opinion) will never earn mine. And I'm sure many others feel that way. Right?

P.S. Inodoro, I'm not bashing you in the least sense. I will post my findings on my deal, explain, and put to rest any of your feelings (as justified as you may see they are) of me being a thief. Maybe I did say I'll take it where I can get it. But I've worked for everything I have. Defensive, maybe. Every penny I have into my house, rental property, Willy's, Datsun, and Mazda has been earned. And as an ironworker I work hard for it. I hope that we can clear things up and in the end, leave this site for what it's meant to be. A fellowship of the MX-3.
Inodoro Pereyra

93vtecklr: thank you for taking the time to clear things up. I have to go to work now, so I can't be any more explicit on my part, but I will post again once I come back.
I just wanted to let you know I appreciate it. :)

Diogenes of Sinope.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Such is life... we all take it in the rear everyday... as soon as someone gets a break, they are called a theif.
That is pure BS. The comment that the guy would have to pay for the extra tires is top 10 on the stupid page. Did you never work retail when you were a kid? Sh1t gets written off as a loss.... the world keeps moving. It is NOT my job to ensure that the cashier does theirs.

BTW:
thank you for the destruction of this thread.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Specialty tire sale. Completely legit purchase. Period. Now back to the topic. Back when A & B sound was open in red deer they always had their floor model sales. I was green when it came to stereos and such, and was looking for a little thump in the datsun to cover all the squeeks and creaks. I got a kenwood deck, used my dads amp, 12" eclipse sub, 2 6x9's, 2 5 1/4's, and install for roughly $200. Man, I repped that ride with pride! Ahh the good old days.

Return to “Off-Topic”