MX3 conversion JDM

Manitoba / Saskatchewan Mx-3 owners and surrounding areas
PTCS
antispam: No

MX3 conversion JDM

Post by PTCS »

Hello
having difficulties swapping out a regular 1.8 for a JDM.. apparently I need to use the old distributor with the two plugs. As well I was informed that I need a curved neck millenium intake manifold Kl47 and a KL31 or Kl36 jspec ecu... any idea where I can get this from... have the engine in... used the manifold off of the jdm and the old two clip distributor.. can't seem to maintain an idle or timing.. any suggestions..
thanx
ptcs
mx3ze

Re: MX3 conversion JDM

Post by mx3ze »

You should be fine with stock IM, TB, ECU and disty, might run rich but OK. Swapping IM (Millenia), TB (KL47) and ECU(KL31) will meet full potential of JDM (hope KLZE). Your problem most likely is blocked or disconnected vacuum line.
You can search mx3 forum for more info and step by step KLZE swap.

Please refer to this link for info on my KLZE swap.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

You'll have a hard time finding an ecu unless you know a Japanese parts importer (google and you can find companies that do import parts for you) or you can score one on ebay, the fastest and easiest route is just chipping the k8 ecu with a probinator chip.

I'm guessing you timed the motor properly before installing it? Your ecu adjust timing while the engine is running, the only time you can check timing is when its in limp mode. If you tried to check the timing while running the car normally you'll see it changing based on what the ecu is telling the engine to do (kinda cool and annoying at the same time if you don't know about limp mode lol). I'm guessing your Idle is bouncing up and down, this is more than likely caused by a vacuum leak somewhere, or you don't have it connected right. There are other factors that can cause this, but since your just installing it I'm going to go with the most typical problem until you get more info for us.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
PTCS
antispam: No

Post by PTCS »

Thanx for all the help... found out that the engine that was shipped never had the plug (I believe related to the vacum leak).. took the plug off of the old engine... works great.. however,... the check engine light came on while I was on the highway with the car.. I am thinking that it is an oxygen sensor problem...is there a schematics outlining where the sensors are... (is there 4)... also I need some information about identifying what code it would be...
thanx
ptcs

Return to “Manitoba / Saskatchewan Mx-3 Community”