power steering question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
esotericheat65
antispam: No

power steering question

Post by esotericheat65 »

if i were to remove the power steering do i need to get a manual rack and pinion or can i use the one in the car?
beefmobile

Re: power steering question

Post by beefmobile »

well what i did with the stang was i measured the needed length of the belt to bypass the power steering. went to autozone and got a Goodyear Gatorback. at first, it was a track-only mod, but i got used to it and started to like it.

IMO, just do what i did and if you need the power steering for some reason, swap belts.
Cars:

2006 Mustang GT-- 12.5 @ 112 mph; NSR Stage II Cams, CMCV Delete Plates, GT500 Throttle Body, U/D pullies, JLT Intake, MAC Headers, O/R X Pipe, Borla Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Hurst Shifter, FRPP Springs, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Power Steering Delete, Brembo Brakes, Chrome Grille, Cervinis Chin Spoiler, GT500 18" Wheels, Blacked Out Lights, and much much more.

2006 Mercury Mariner V6-DD
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE-Wife
1993 Mazda MX-3-BEATER!

United States Marine Corps
Blue Demon

Post by Blue Demon »

Well what year is your car cause you might be able to use a 323 manual rack. I heard they are much easier to use. Not sure though.
esotericheat65

Post by esotericheat65 »

so if i am understanding you correctly basicly leave the power steering bypass it and if i ever want it back just put the old belt back in

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”