sun roof stuck

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
fender bent

sun roof stuck

Post by fender bent »

hey last week my sunroof decided it wanted to be a dork and not work. i can open it fine but when i close it, it closes almost all the way but then it makes a loud click and gets stuck at the point where its about to go into the roof. can anybody help me out here cause im stumped.
92 1.8L V-6 red baby rocket
timbo

Re: sun roof stuck

Post by timbo »

my sunroof was acting up too. i opened the roof fully, sprayed wd40 along the inside rails, cleaned them out with q-tips, then sprayed them again. i picked out a lot dust/dirt/crud with the q-tips. this might be your problem also. mine is working fine now.
Madjeep

Post by Madjeep »

Hey I too have had problems with my sunroof. I'm told it's a plastic gear. Called a worm gear. and they go after a while. So for now I'll wait to after Winter to fool with it. Let me know if you have any luck with yours. . Madjeep@Yahoo.com
MazdaMx3GS

Post by MazdaMx3GS »

Same thing here. It works fine most of the time but sometimes it hesitates to close I thought it was the motor going but ill try wd40 let me know what eveyone comes up with
Alberto Rosario Jr: MazdaMx3Gs@Networld.com<BR>92 Mx3GS 1.8L V6<BR>Tropical Emerald Metallic
MX-treme

Post by MX-treme »

Hey, I'm having the same problem, but I already tried WD40 and it didnt help.. <BR>I want to fix it.. but dont know what the hell is wrong with it..
MX-treme

Post by MX-treme »

Hey, I'm having the same problem, but I already tried WD40 and it didnt help.. <BR>I want to fix it.. but dont know what the hell is wrong with it..

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”