Rear wipers? How do you like them?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Dark_Rider2k3

Rear wipers? How do you like them?

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

For those of you with rear wipers, how do you like 'em? Especially if you have an MX with non-rear wipers..

I'm curious because there is an MX at the junkyards with one, and I could possibly swap... might be hard, but then again I am not 100% on the difficulty.

So yeah, just curious if you love your rear wipers, or do not care that you have 'em.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Rear wipers? How do you like them?

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I love my rear wiper. I don't use the rear washer/squirty but the wiper is str8 pimpin.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i use my rear wiper quite often when ever it rained and such, my squiter's never worked but i never needed it also, whenever it was that dirty i just washed tie car =P
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Yeah I could care less about the squirters, but just wondering where is it located? Is it something I can also take off?

and I'm guessing it's better to take the whole hatch instead of just the wiper assembly.

It's been raining a lot recently, and the rear window is almost impossible to see out of lol. So that's why I'm asking.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

comes in handy fall/spring time
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

mitmaks wrote:comes in handy fall/spring time
exactly what I was thinking :mrgreen:

looks like when I make my j/y run, I'll be grabbing a few parts :mrgreen:
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

+1 rear wiper is needed, I hated driving the RS w/o one, was planning to swap hatches til I bought a GS! I never understood why people wanted to take it off - function over form on this one.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

You'll need the whole hatch, since the wiper comes through the glass, and swapping glass would be 100X harder. I never used my wiper on either car, and took it off the fast car. If the window was wet, I'd just hit the gas, and it all blew off. I don't miss it at all, and live in the land of rain. I never use the defogger, either.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

In speeds over 40mph, yeah, its not needed. I like it in the torrential summer downpours we get here on the east coast, and for snow. I also use the defogger like once a week lol, I think I started to use it more when I plugged up my trunk vents, but I def. noticed it was quieter when I did it, so I'm happy with it!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I like it. I really like the fact that it had the pulse option.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

For fogginess, I use a dessicant called "Damp Rid" that I get at Home depot. It keeps the interior bone dry, and there's never fog when I use it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

fowljesse wrote:You'll need the whole hatch, since the wiper comes through the glass, and swapping glass would be 100X harder. I never used my wiper on either car, and took it off the fast car. If the window was wet, I'd just hit the gas, and it all blew off. I don't miss it at all, and live in the land of rain. I never use the defogger, either.
oh I was under the assumption it comes through the metal and not the glass. damn :( .

This will make it a lot more expensive then.... hmm...

I know there is this stuff you spray on the windows.. I might try it and see how it like it before making a huge investment..
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I would also assume that you don't have the steering column controller, and you'd probably have to wire it in... I donno.
You could put on Rain-X. It works surprisingly well.
If you decide not to do it, remember, I took mine off, and like it better that way, if that helps any. I toook off my spoiler, too. Without that stuff, my hatch opens itself when I pull the lever. On the stock GS, I have to pull it up.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

fowljesse wrote:I would also assume that you don't have the steering column controller, and you'd probably have to wire it in... I donno.
You could put on Rain-X. It works surprisingly well.
If you decide not to do it, remember, I took mine off, and like it better that way, if that helps any. I toook off my spoiler, too. Without that stuff, my hatch opens itself when I pull the lever. On the stock GS, I have to pull it up.
Well I seem to like the spoiler so I doubt I'd remove it. And I already knew about the controller and needing it. Which would also mean I'd need the wiring harness (or have to wire it in).

so I knew it was a big project, but just didn't know how much better it was lol.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I find that the hatch glass is too horizontally levelled for the water to slide down, so yeah the rear wiper really does come in handy, I think it looks good too.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “Appearance”