7 psi ze?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

7 psi ze?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well supposebly I have a ze, flat pistons no egr bleh bleh but my compression has always been 190 even all cylinders all the time since i got the engine 3 years ago. (millenia ze?)

My afprs using a wideband read 11 under boost both at 5 psi, and 7 psi. I was trying to go to 6 psi but I guess I need another boost controller.

Is it safe? or should I stay at 5?

also I got no boost leaks, i rechecked.. for some reason at high rpms my boost will decrease by half a psi, maybe my bov? anywho main question. is it safe?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Re: 7 psi ze?

Post by hgallegos915 »

lol i guess this thread was worthless lol 2 days and it hasnt blown. well see what it does. afs under boost 10 still and I cant lean it out.. weird.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

People run 6-8 on ZE's, so you should be fine. 1psi don't make a different, it's the leaning out that would be an issue.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

turn the boost up till your in the 12's at wot
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

mazdamx3freak wrote:turn the boost up till your in the 12's at wot

I dont want to risk blowing the rods until I have my next engine(in a few months) but I would so raise it until the afs go to 12.

Also i think i may already have the injectors at max duty. I mean 7 psi in stock injectors at 10afs? thats just not normal imo.
-hec

ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

yeah, just make sure the tune is good. These are fairly tough motors and they'll take a bit.... until it detonates. hahahaha.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

yes well your injectors are probly maxed out, thats why you should of kept the millenias in there. your rods can handle 300+ whp, which your not even close to yet. Also the wideband never lies.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

mazdamx3freak wrote:yes well your injectors are probly maxed out, thats why you should of kept the millenias in there. your rods can handle 300+ whp, which your not even close to yet. Also the wideband never lies.

our rods handle 300 whp? are you sure? what about pistons, heads? im not raising it morenuntil i megasquirt it and re add millenia injectors.

I have been reading stories where people were not able to tune megasquirt, their cars were just parked and they ended up selling their units in probetalk. Im scuuuuured of that :/
-hec

johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

i installed my milli S injector yesturday and im now up to 7 psi with ms and its just crazy...

ypu definatly need MS
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

was it hard to tune the ms?
-hec

johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

hgallegos915 wrote:was it hard to tune the ms?
no it was easier than i tought...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well at least I know my afs are accurate...

I went to the track with some bigger tires(which made my car hop like a basketball at launch)

the wastegate hose fell out, overboosted the car to around 15 psi and the afs went really lean. The intake hose popped out tho and saved the car from blowing. Its driving fine now but I was much slower with higher psi, and bigegr tire combo on an all concrete track(yes all concrete, not pavement.. how crappy huh?)
-hec

Flyer

Post by Flyer »

hgallegos915 wrote:*snip*
The intake hose popped out tho and saved the car from blowing.
*snap*
It's not a defect, it's a feature!
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

You were running slower because you were running so lean. I don't really know how people can run on stock injectors and say they are good for so many psi. My DE blew on the dyno at 5 psi and the ZE blew at 2 psi. After that with a new ZE millenia S injectors ran okay with 7 psi with low 11 afs. You should stay in the 11's, I don't recommend the running into the 12's afs from my past experiences. Running leaner doesn't mean more power, it just means a better chance at blowing your motor especially our high compression ZE's. I've blown my KF-ZE @ 12.5 afs, 2 ZE's @ mid 12's afs, and 2 DE's @ high 12's afs.
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

You need injectors badly I'd say and then a good tune badly. 10:1 compression isnt high at all compared to other motors anymore these days so it really cant be used as an excuse for bad tuning. I think the lack of engine management options before MS was a big reason why ZEs were not boosted much and didnt make the power that they're capable of. Nowadays I know guys boosting stock S2000 motors, K20 motors, etc and those are all a bit higher compression than a ZE.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP

Return to “Forced Induction”