[WTB] automatic seatbelt sensor/switch

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
ruthless_mx3

[WTB] automatic seatbelt sensor/switch

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

my car was mildly flooded and I need the seatbelt sensor/switch that sits under the driver seat. I have the auto seatbelts and now they are stopped in the forward position.
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams
nightridergsr

Re: [WTB] automatic seatbelt sensor/switch

Post by nightridergsr »

There was a recall on MX-3 seatbelts. Bad motors in the auto seatbelts or something. You can get a tool from Mazda, that will allow you to crank the seatbet and lock it into the back postion. (Not sure if anyone has ever succesfully had Mazda repair their seatbelts to factory automatic.) With it locked in the back position, you just have to buckle/unbuckle the seatbelt when you get in/out, or, as I do, you can leave it buckled and slide the seatbelt over your head when you get in/out. I think the sensor under the seat you speak of, is the relay for the seatbelt motors or something, and also controls the alarm for seatbelt/door alarm. I unplugged mine to get the seatbelt and/or door alarm from going off, cause alarm was annoying. You could change this sensor/relay, but not sure if it will fix your seatbelts to work automatically. I should have the tool somewhere, to lock into back position, and I do also have the sensor/switch, I could part with, but like I said, idk if it will fix your seatbelts, and I dont want to sell you something you don't need :lol:. Maybe try doing a search on the recall, and get Mazda to fix them, or send you a tool. (it's basically an allen wrench you stick into a hole where the seatbelt winds into, to manually crank it) . If you do find that you still need the sensor from under the seat PM me with your zip code and I can get shipping quote.
ruthless_mx3

Re: [WTB] automatic seatbelt sensor/switch

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

I got them into the back position now. I jumpered the power wires to the motor with my cordless drill battery. The motor still works and it just went back into place. now I just slide it over my head. I will pm you with my zip cuz I know the sensor is bad. I took it apart and can see the stuff that fried. Might also be a problem with the door sensors too but i don't know yet.
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”