Projetor light blows bulbs?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
petiec

Projetor light blows bulbs?

Post by petiec »

I installed my projetor lights about four or five months ago,went in fine good fitment and all so very happy with that.But the first time the passenger driving light went out ,just thought bad bulb :shrug: so i got a good brand and replaced them on both sides to be safe.two or so month later it went out again? :evil: Now the first time was about two or so months and again two or so months and only on the passenger side the other side is fine?Wondering has anyone had this problem ,can it be two bad bulbs or can it be the relay since mine came with a relay?Can get very expensive replacing bulbs every two months :cry: thanks everyone!
onlytrueromeo

Re: Projetor light blows bulbs?

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Do you have HIDs? My projectors didnt come w/ relays, however the wiring is terrible and my highbeams don't always work - I have to jiggle wires. I rewired 1 side, and that made it perfect, have not had time to do the other side yet. I would try doing this.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Youre not touching them with your hands do you?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Did you get the projectors with the relays?? I got those and have had them in for about 4 months now no problem. BUT a buddy of mine got the same ones and attatched the little red wire with an eyelit to the body (ground) and they started blowing. I have not used the little red wire for anything and they work fine.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
petiec

Post by petiec »

I got just the standard H1 bulb,and no l made sure l didnt touch the actual glass part and for the little red wire with the eyelit the only one l see is the one with a 20 amp. fuse which l attached to the battery.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”