Window won't roll up when wet...

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
SSR Mx-3

Window won't roll up when wet...

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

So I have had this problem for the past 2 weeks. My window will roll up, only half the time, and I didn't know why. I finally narrowed the problem down. It will only roll up when it is dry. When the window is wet, it will only roll up 80% and then it struggles to get up the other 20%. It stops that last 20% no matter how many times I press the switch.

Any suggestions?
Would greasing the rails help any?
SSR Mx-3: Custom CAI, custom 2.25 Magnaflow Exhaust (high-flow cat, resonator, & muffler), Genie 4-1 Header, Tokico Blue Struts, H&R Lowering Springs, Corksport front and rear Strut Bars, SSR Competition Wheels (11 lbs), Corksport Short-Shifter, KVR Slotted Front Rotors w/ KVR Carbon FIber Break Pads.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

"God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."- C.S. Lewis
muttpower
antispam: No

Re: Window won't roll up when wet...

Post by muttpower »

Yeah, doesn't sound electrical per say, so I'd check the rails/lift mech. If it's not properly lubed and water gets on there, then it'll give you issues.
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Mad Cow

Re: Window won't roll up when wet...

Post by Mad Cow »

It probably has something to do with the rubber around the window. It's a pretty common problem for it to shift after time and it won't let the window roll up all the way, my driver's side window can't go up all the way no matter what. It's really easy to check, if it shifted you'll see that it just doesn't look right near the top corner of the mirror panel, it'll look kinda like it separated from the rest of the door in that corner.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”