Poly bushings

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
purewhitemp5

Poly bushings

Post by purewhitemp5 »

Ok been a member with this forum and a couple other forums for some time and just thought to post some useful info. As most of you know the 1st gen protege suspension is very similar to the MX-3 with exception to the Rear calipers and the width/length of the lower control arm's and TTL's (30mm wider/longer) and swaybars and endlinks but most of the other parts will exchange with one another. Well for the people looking for Poly bushings for there MX-3 I am providing a link that has a list of bushings available and prices. http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14631" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I am providing this info as to inform all mazda owners as to whats going on around the Mazda community and maybe we can all ban together and get some high quality parts. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
wytbishop

Re: Poly bushings

Post by wytbishop »

Interesting...
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wytbishop - so are all the ones you are making not on this list??
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks for the thought.
There's a write-up of my car done with Protege Poly bushings from Superpro in the Suspension FAQ (about 4 years ago).
Even better, there's a guy on here making full sets in 3 different Durometers. Search "Wytbushings".
Again, thanks for the thought, and definitely keep posting info like this. Check to see if there are already similar posts, using the search button in the red banner.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I've been watching that thread for over 2 years.

LCA fronts are the same.
LCA rears in 46mm OD are the same but for 06/94 and earlier only. Later MX-3's are larger.
I believe the frame mount sway bar bushings are probably correct or close enough.
Trailing Arm fronts are good, rears are correct OD but wrong length.
The lateral link bushings listed are for MX-3 lateral links, but are forever on backorder.

I began my quest because Superpro told me it would be at least 6 months to get the parts I needed and they did not know for certain if their bushings would match up to the MX-3 correctly. They sent me a list for the Astina BG which would basically be what a Protege owner would need to order. The MX-3, while very similar to the BG chassis cars is unique in a number of ways.

Tein is the North American distributor of Superpro and I tried for about a month to find someone with Tein who knew anything at all about Superpro and failed. Superpro will sell to you directly but they don't know anything about the MX-3. It is not the same as an Astina GT...though they will tell you it is. They actually asked me if I could help them with some sizing. It was at about that time, and after reading on Clubprotege how badly their GB went, that I decided I would have these made.

They will definitely be correct for the MX-3 and I think the design is a little better....and you won't have to wait 6 months after you place your order.

Tell the people at Clubprotege that I will be approaching them soon with a better alternative for them as well.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
purewhitemp5

Post by purewhitemp5 »

Will do sir.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”