Rear disc swap finished!!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
BuGS

Rear disc swap finished!!

Post by BuGS »

Finished my rear disc swap, just ended up swaping a v6 rear end over. And I also did something to my engine bay...!!!?!

and my work rig!

and what are these on my floorboard?? Is that a bored out vj20 hotside and vf12 turbo???? :)

onlytrueromeo

Re: Rear disc swap finished!!

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Nice engine you got in there, now when you going to swap to a mazda VC?
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

:2thumbsup: ...Rear brakes look good, I did the v6 rear disk swap as well. :freak: KIA valve cover...trying to really embarrass people, you show them that your "KIA-powered mazda mx-3 just beat them in a race" :lol:
I'm liking that hybrid turbocharger, I'll see how I like the vf10 hybrid first and then go bigger when I am ready...
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

lol, yes, I swapped over to the Kia VC so I can just mess with ppl. Mostly just honduh guys, but when I beat the c6 that guy almost cried....

And sadly the hybrid isn't for me, it is for djpro24 over in NY! It is someone in the midwest right now on it's way to his house... lucky guy!
n8izzle
antispam: No

Post by n8izzle »

wow those look great. iam a bit of a noob with making such huge modifications but i was wandring if the process is difficult.. I am wanting to putthe disc brakes becuase i dont like the big drum.. if you dont mind.. can you explain the process that you took? i would greatly appreciate it
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

find a GS in a junk yard, unbolt the 4 bolts that hold it to the frame, the 4 bolts that hold the hubs to the struts, the 2 bolts that hold the trailing arms to the hubs, the 2 bolts and 2 nuts that secure the brake lines, and loosen the lines on the connecting block of the brake lines, and it will swap straight in.

Not hard at all!!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

aren't you supposed to change over the booster also? (actually no idea, this is just what i've been told, which is why i haven't done it yet)
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Evo_Spec wrote:aren't you supposed to change over the booster also? (actually no idea, this is just what i've been told, which is why i haven't done it yet)
...You can, that is what i did. :D

I did the same thing BuGS mentioned, as well as I swapped in a v6 master cylinder, brake booster, and proportioning valve. I believe it is only one of the front hard lines is different from 4cyl to v6. (I do not remember, as I pulled all of the v6 hard lines that attached to the proportioning valve just incase).
:)
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1987 Jeep Comanche
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I'm very lucky to know BuGS. What's up Chris, notice your car in Cardomain. Looks realy sharp.

-dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Thought of doing a front disk brake swap from a third gen rx-7. I like how the caliper says Mazda on it.

-dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Evo_Spec wrote:aren't you supposed to change over the booster also? (actually no idea, this is just what i've been told, which is why i haven't done it yet)
You probably should, my car came with rear disks swapped in but the guy left the rest of the RS stuff on and the brakes aren't too strong. Apparently he got new pads all around too so that can't be the problem.

And the hard lines are completely different, the GS ones have banjo fittings and the RS ones look like they're flared with one of those hollow nuts on the end. They also go into completely different parts of the master cylinder.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Yeah, I have driven in a car with a full swap, and then with mine, and honestly, they are almost the same. The only thing I would chage would be the master cylinder (which I have), but I kind of like being able to slam my foot on the pedel and them not locking up at 60mph!! :) So yes, it is a lil mushy....

The porportioning valves of the rs are the same as the Protege LX ones (protege with rear discs), but the gs ones are different... So it must be the weight difference with the v6...?
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

DJPRO wrote:I'm very lucky to know BuGS. What's up Chris, notice your car in Cardomain. Looks realy sharp.
-dee
...Thanks Dee! You gotta let me know how you like the vf12 hybrid. I went with a vf10, also from BuGS.
BuGS wrote: but the gs ones are different... So it must be the weight difference with the v6...?
...I could see that being the case, because I can not think of any other reason :shrug:
:)
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1987 Jeep Comanche
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Will do, going start installing it this coming week.

-dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

nice job, you're pretty close to me in WA
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”