Aftermarket axles

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
kast2L

Aftermarket axles

Post by kast2L »

Now I forgot the site that was selling them and they were kinda expensive, could do up to 300 hp so I didn't want old stock axles with a built klze destroyin them lol
mx3autozam

Re: Aftermarket axles

Post by mx3autozam »

drivehsaftshop makes some and you can purchase them directly or you can get them at horsepowerfreaks.com

How mcuh power is your "Built klze" making to break axles?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Funny.. I need new axles too now. I bought Napa's crappy house brand axles when I did my ZE swap last year, and the CV joints are all going. There's about 2-3 degrees of play and they clunk and clatter. The boots are fine.. everything still sealed. The play is mostly on the inner joints.

Let me know what you end up going with. I was told good things about Raxles a while back.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

nightfire wrote:Funny.. I need new axles too now. I bought Napa's crappy house brand axles when I did my ZE swap last year, and the CV joints are all going. There's about 2-3 degrees of play and they clunk and clatter. The boots are fine.. everything still sealed. The play is mostly on the inner joints.

Let me know what you end up going with. I was told good things about Raxles a while back.
napa has lifetime warranty
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

mitmaks wrote:
nightfire wrote:Funny.. I need new axles too now. I bought Napa's crappy house brand axles when I did my ZE swap last year, and the CV joints are all going. There's about 2-3 degrees of play and they clunk and clatter. The boots are fine.. everything still sealed. The play is mostly on the inner joints.

napa has lifetime warranty
Hmm... what if I don't have the bill? :( I might, but I highly doubt it. I'm terrible with these things.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

learn to preload, and you shouldnt have to worry about snapping axels.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

mx3autozam wrote:drivehsaftshop makes some and you can purchase them directly or you can get them at horsepowerfreaks.com

well it will be making well over 250hp im sure when its done and stock axles on the mx3 weren't made for such power.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

kast2L wrote:
mx3autozam wrote:drivehsaftshop makes some and you can purchase them directly or you can get them at horsepowerfreaks.com

well it will be making well over 250hp im sure when its done and stock axles on the mx3 weren't made for such power.
neither was the stock transmission..... as you will soon find out :lol:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

nos92mx3 wrote:learn to preload, and you shouldnt have to worry about snapping axels.
That is not true, I had never hurt any of my many axles that i snapped on the launch. I always broke them hitting 2nd gear. And after several axles, you'll get tired of breaking them and going through the whole swapping process.

If your snapping them like this every time, then you'll need stronger axles. I ended up buying some from CVTECH, I don't have a phone number but they are in Canada.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

even with 300whp/trq you wont need aftermarket axels. The stock ones are more than most will ever need and plus you will crack you tranny case/ blow out gears before you snap axels. Buy a LSD instead
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

mazdamx3freak wrote:even with 300whp/trq you wont need aftermarket axels. The stock ones are more than most will ever need and plus you will crack you tranny case/ blow out gears before you snap axels. Buy a LSD instead
getting an LSD from a group buy.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

what lsd..mfactory????
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

mx3autozam wrote:what lsd..mfactory????
yea thats who im getting it from why, they aren't good?
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Honda boys love them, can't be that bad...! I have good faith in them.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

very well known for Honda's the one for the kl I think has some issues. Dansac aka Frakenprobe was doing testing with them and they have some play in the axles. You can grab the axle and pull it out about an inch on each side. They are workin with him on correcting the problem before they start production. But they should be a good unit and fairly well priced.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”