7th fuel injector opinions/ facts?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

7th fuel injector opinions/ facts?

Post by fowljesse »

I'm thinking about putting another fuel injector in the IM, just after the TB that would only be used to richen the mixture at high rpm. I want to keep the 220cc injectors for fuel economy, but would like to have power on top. Also, it could be programmed to run with Nitrous Oxide.
My bottom end is rebuilt with larger bearings, and is balanced, so it should be able to handle high rpm... also, I have an MSD6A so the spark can keep up, and free-flowing intake/ exhaust.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Re: 7th fuel injector opinions/ facts?

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Are you changing cams? Why higher revs w/o a different profile - it won't make power? I can understand wanting more fuel when running nitrous, but I think the 220's are sufficient for N/A applications...some people have even boosted on them before moving to millenias.

AFAIK, fuel isn't the biggest issue at higher RPMS, its oil starvation and not enough airflow.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks for the input.
I have ZE exhaust cams installed, and an extra set of ZE cams I can put in. I will address the oil issue.
You're right about airflow. I want to see how far I can push the setup with VRIS. I'll see about another injector when I can afford dyno time.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

the ze cams are not enough druation to impact you needing more fuel/air mixture. you would need a 210 lift or higher to start needing the more fuel than stock inj. can handle with a good IM or ITB's. Even with n2o a bigger fuel pump and fpr is all u need to run 75 shot. If anything I would get larger profile n/a cams, millenias, springs/retainers. Thats one of the downfalls of power it robs you of mpg in most cases.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”