Hello to all, and to all a good MX!!!

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
93vtecklr

Hello to all, and to all a good MX!!!

Post by 93vtecklr »

Hello my Precidia brethren, and sistren haha. I've been perusing this site for aftermarket manufacturers for years now. Got my first Ridoya (as my friends call it) back in 03, and always paid for people to do the work for me. Well, in my line of work there is ups and downs so paying a crap load of money wasn't a problem. Now that the industry has come full circle I am looking to gain my own knowledge and save cash at the same time.
My goals for becoming a member is to be able to give something back to 'our' community, even if its just a share of what you guys have given me. I've just happened upon this thread even though I've been a member for a little while so sorry for the tardy post!
About me.... My name is Clint Taylor, I have a couple other projects; a 1955 Willys Overland pickup with a 78 LT1 pushing that 7000lb beast with 425 horses, and a 1976 Datsun 620 p/u with a whopping max hp of 78 rolling on a modified tubular chassis with s-10 ART components, FBSS control, 16ga fuel cell, Air Zenith Compressor, 8 GC extreme valves, 1/2" stainless airline, full fibreglass interior , 18" 100 spoke LA wires and yada yada yada....
I have a beautiful wife named Jillian, 3 cats that are cuddle mongers, and my 93 blaze red SE!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Hello to all, and to all a good MX!!!

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Welcome to the forums! :)
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome, Clint! That's a very thorough intro. I liked it. I didn't know you guys customised such old trucks. I'd like to see a pic. Maybe your knowledge of that would help people here.
What does "Ridoya" mean?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Hahaha, that means, "Silly Honda, that car'll get 'ridoya' " And thanks Jesse, I can't take credit for the Willy's, it was my uncle's before he passed on. Fully restored 28 years ago by his own hands, and still beautiful. God bless Unk. It's funny, he gave me the datsun so i could get back and forth to my new job, and said i could have it for free as long as i keep it stock.... The first ride he took in it after the suspension was finished he said, "Damn, I never thought I'd ride in anything rougher than the willys!!" Well, drivin a half inch off the pavement doesn't help! The datsun, now, that's somethin else!! :wink:
http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/uu31 ... exyjpg.jpg
At the mall
http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/uu31 ... t=dat2.jpg
Almost done painting the frame, should have taken the wheels off haha
http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/uu31 ... t=dat1.jpg
At the best brake place in red deer, D and M Brake and alignment
http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/uu31 ... craig2.jpg
My uncle after his first draggin session, hittin switches wrecks junk haha
I'm tired as heck and photobucket is bein more of a junk bucket right about now. If u want some willys pics I'll post them up tomorrow, and thanks for the interest. It's not often i get to show off all my babies!!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.

Return to “Introduction Forum”