[WTB] Parts for rear disc swap

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
Dark_Rider2k3

[WTB] Parts for rear disc swap

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

My rear drums are going to need replaced soon (the pads are worn out) and instead of replacing the pads I was thinking of doing the rear disc swap. So, if anyone has any parts laying around that I can use for the rear disc swap let me know!

Thanks a lot!!
93SOHC

Re: [WTB] Parts for rear disc swap

Post by 93SOHC »

It really doesn't take much effort to go to your local pick-a-part and grab all you need. Take a friend, a couple tools, and about a 100 bux and you're golden. Plus you have the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself! :D
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I have a set of spindles, cables, and even the GS Master cylender. I pulled the spindles off of a car in the junk yard. You might want new discs and pads.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

93SOHC wrote:It really doesn't take much effort to go to your local pick-a-part and grab all you need. Take a friend, a couple tools, and about a 100 bux and you're golden. Plus you have the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself! :D
yeah I can do that, though when you get a rusted bolt or something.. UGH! :lol: .

but yeah I guess I can do that. I need the whole rear right? And the brake lines/master cylinder?

edit:

and obviously i'll need brake pads, rotors, and calipers
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

and ebrake cables. Its as easy as taking out the 2 lateral link bolts, 4 subframe bolts, and the lines and cables.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
WhoaCarter

Post by WhoaCarter »

Ive got 2 drilled rotors dont need them anymore got a new set pm for price :)
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

93SOHC wrote:and ebrake cables. Its as easy as taking out the 2 lateral link bolts, 4 subframe bolts, and the lines and cables.
you mean.. to do this swap, I just have to take out 6 bolts and lines/cables?
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

more than 6.

4 off the rear subframe, 4 off the two struts, and 2 bolts off of the trailing arms. Pull the clips off the brake lines and disconnect them from the rear subframe and let them hang. Also take the bolt off the lil coupler box. Then also, a bolt and nut off each e-brake cable, remove the exhaust heat shield and take off the ebrake cables.

Then it all goes back together.

Should be easy unless you hurt your back, and can't get the old discs off to put new ones on... then it might take you awhile. And then you wake up in the morning and realize you put your slotted rotors on the wrong way!!! DOH!

(Just did this yesterday...)
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

BuGS wrote:more than 6.

4 off the rear subframe, 4 off the two struts, and 2 bolts off of the trailing arms. Pull the clips off the brake lines and disconnect them from the rear subframe and let them hang. Also take the bolt off the lil coupler box. Then also, a bolt and nut off each e-brake cable, remove the exhaust heat shield and take off the ebrake cables.

Then it all goes back together.

Should be easy unless you hurt your back, and can't get the old discs off to put new ones on... then it might take you awhile. And then you wake up in the morning and realize you put your slotted rotors on the wrong way!!! DOH!

(Just did this yesterday...)
that sucks man. I've never put the rotors on wrong but.. here's to hoping I don't.

Thanks for the quick guide. I have the print-outs from the manual so I think i'm all set now :mrgreen:

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”