crystal clear headlights

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
96mx-3

crystal clear headlights

Post by 96mx-3 »

alright well my buddy has taken my head lights :

and made them look like this :

now he wants to start helping people out like me.... crappy foggy yellow
headlights...so for 30 bucks he will clean your lights... if there is any intrest let me know ..
thanks
neli_nael

Re: crystal clear headlights

Post by neli_nael »

they sell a kit at walmart that does the same thing for $20. you dont even need a kit, just some sand paper and polishing compounds
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

alls I have to say is PRIMER and CF FTW :mrgreen:

oh and the headlights look nice too :freak:
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I bought a bottle of this stuff specially made for it at canadian tire for like $10. There was enough to do my lights and my friends lights, with alot still left over. It didn't turn out as well as yours, but that's because I got lazy after a while.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You can polish them clear, but it only last like 3 months.

My best results were using the metal polish to start, than finishing with the plastic polish
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:You can polish them clear, but it only last like 3 months.

My best results were using the metal polish to start, than finishing with the plastic polish
Or you can just get projectors... *ducks*
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It's worth $30.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'd pay 30 bux for sure, it's a lot of work i don't want to do.
if you guys were in calgary i'd get it done for sure
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

k so the point of this was to help people out who WOULD like this done
not for people to mention how they do it themselves and how this is what they
use and this is what they pay $30. for mint headlights is a deal to me
i dont wanna sound like a d--- ...but i made this for people who dont have the time
or the patients or knowhow to do the lights .. so please leave this for people who
would like this done or interested people
thanks
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

if time is an issue, you're gonna spend more time taking the lights off and sending it to this guys then just doing it yourself.
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

i guess this is just a waist of time... every one has a smart answer for every thing ...
just trying to be a good guy and help out people but apparently every one can do everything
themselves .. so thanks for your time ..if there is anyone who would like this done
im still going to do it ..
thanks guys
ahaha
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I misunderstood as well... I didn't realize this was an "offer your services thread"... and I just realized that this was the Ontario club only... makes sense if you are local and can go by the guys shop but as others have stated... taking the lights off and shipping them is not practical...

and from what I have found on the mx-3 most people are more interested in figuring out how to do it themselves... especially when there are mutliple threads on this site on how to make the headlights look like yours (or even better)
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

go out to your local parts store, and look for Claybar...it can be used on your whole car, as well as the headlights...for 25 bucks the kit includes detail spray, wax, and a bar of clay..the idea is to use the clay and the detail spray, and basically "wetsand" your car..you spray a small area with the detail spray, and use the clay to go over the wet area..it will clean off any dirt/grit that is stuck in the clear coat...i tried this stuff for my first time last week on the mx3..it worked amazing..it doesnt take long...i tried it on the headlights aswell..it worked just as amazing and got rid of that nasty yellowish color...also a bar of clay will last a very long time, and will do up to 4 cars :welder:
ImageImageImageImage
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Honestly, polishing your headlights doesn't take much time. We're posting that info up because we're sharing that it is; just-that-easy and there's really no reason to pay for that service.

Just sounds like you got upset because you were advertising your buddies services to make a few bucks on something that there so much info on how to do them on here that it's not a problem, and it's so easy, everyone's grandmother could do it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

So this is what I used, 3M Headlight Restoration Kit, took less than 30 min for both lights. Everything you need comes in this kit

Now, masked off all the trim so it doesn't get damaged

first step: 500 grit

second step: 800 grit

third step: 3000 grit wet sanding

final step: polish
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”