Brakes?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Saku

Brakes?

Post by Saku »

ok i have a question about the brakes is it possible to take the brakes and make one for the front and one for back and then split a peddle in half and then use its as one peddle and one half controls the front and one half controls the back?? i was wondering what the effect of this would be and would it help you if you were drifting?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Brakes?

Post by Ryan »

They do it on tractors, well, left/right brakes...

Thats what the Ebrake is for... :roll:
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Saku

Post by Saku »

Ryan wrote:They do it on tractors, well, left/right brakes...

Thats what the Ebrake is for... :roll:
well my Ebrake just drags me it doesn't really help me or do anything so i use the clutch and down shifting ...

the peddle idea was just an idea that came to me while sitting here in my financial lit. class
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

That woulnd't work cause you'd need a second brake booster to work 2 seperate brake pedals

There are brake-bias controllers that you can get. I know they outlaw them in some classes of dirt track racing.

Changing the brake bias will do nothing more than what the ebrake can do; the only way to get the rear end to slide is literally by locking up the rear wheels, either with the ebrake or the brake pedals, how you do it dont change the fact that front-wheel drive cars just "a55-drag", nothing more. That's quite good for the rear tires too.

If you're trying to drift your Mx-3, do it and us a favor and sell it to get a rear-wheel drive car. It doesn't matter what you do, you won't be able to drift your Mx-3.

If your racing, you could look into techniques like left-foot braking and such, but those are for controlling the balance of the car to better take corners. Some may induce oversteer in the rear end, but you need power to the rear wheels to maintain a drift.

If you want to get sideways and play with the ebrake, find some snow or gravel, or put some fast food trays on the rear wheels and lock the ebrake.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”