Just a few pics of what I did

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
hgallegos915

Just a few pics of what I did

Post by hgallegos915 »

Look ma, no power steering!

Spec ftw

and well this is my car at the car wash before I changed the clutch.

oh and all done in the evening

-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Just a few pics of what I did

Post by Mooneggs »

when you removed the PS did you put in a manual rack as well?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

He has put in a 323 manual rack
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I enjoyed your use of lumber.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

so I guess my next question... are you glad you did the swap? does it make that big of a difference?

yeah I saw the lumber too and I thought at first that was a pic from a junkyard or something haha :oops: :lol:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

LOL yeah I had to use lumber lol I didnt wanna dent the body more ha

Im quite happy with power steering.. my car does not leak oil everywhere it drives to now. Its actually reliable OMG.

Now the steering IS a bit more HARD than power steering but well it feels like any other car that has no power steering. It easily turns while its moving. While stopped its a bit more effort to turn, like on wide turns and so. It was worth the swap. The car is QUIET.. I didnt realize how much noise the power steering pulley made. The car leaks a bit of oul from the CAMSHAFT seal but not the camshaft cork, its where the pulley is.

I left the timing belt cover off so that next time i cahnge something, it will be easier with the engine on, and to determine if the main seal was leaking, which is not :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hgallegos915 wrote:LOL yeah I had to use lumber lol I didnt wanna dent the body more ha

Im quite happy with power steering.. my car does not leak oil everywhere it drives to now. Its actually reliable OMG.

Now the steering IS a bit more HARD than power steering but well it feels like any other car that has no power steering. It easily turns while its moving. While stopped its a bit more effort to turn, like on wide turns and so. It was worth the swap. The car is QUIET.. I didnt realize how much noise the power steering pulley made. The car leaks a bit of oul from the CAMSHAFT seal but not the camshaft cork, its where the pulley is.

I left the timing belt cover off so that next time i cahnge something, it will be easier with the engine on, and to determine if the main seal was leaking, which is not :D
I have power steering in my car and it doesn't leak and its quiet. You just need new bearings and some new seals and maybe hoses.

I will never install a 323 rack in my mx3. I love the ratio in the GS too much to do that.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

only cool ppl swap to manual steering 8)
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I couldnt help but notice on your pressure plate you fingers straightened out??? do you have a full clutch pedal or do you have some play? be cause i just installed a clutch kit in a 2.5 MX6 and the fingers went straight i thought it was normal i put the trans on and i had no clutch pedal so i loosened the bolts up to close to hand tight an i got my cone shape back on the P.P. so i put the trans on, it was fine i had full pedal no the tires are locked up in neutral. HAHAHA
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

I'm surprised there's no such thing as an electric servo based variable power assist with a manual style rack setup yet.

It would be great to have a super high (low?) rate steering system (say 2.5 turns lock to lock) that uses an electric servo to assist at low/no speed, but that can get out of the way at driving speed. It would be quiet, clean, simple, and much lighter.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”