quick clutch and pressure plate question

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
exile84

quick clutch and pressure plate question

Post by exile84 »

hey all, i pulled out my clutch and it needs to be replaced, i was just wondering if a de clutch will work with a k8 pressure plate. i know they are just a little larger than the k8 clutch. any help is greatly appreciated. :D
1992 Mx-3 GS. ATX to MTX swap. Integra short throw shifter, and CAI. HEI mod. Accell Canister. 3A racing muffler. Straight pipe.
ImageImageImage
projectzemx3

Re: quick clutch and pressure plate question

Post by projectzemx3 »

i think the de clutchs are 10 mm bigger total circumference.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
exile84

Post by exile84 »

here's my problem,
i am putting a new motor in my car, and when i pulled the motor and the trans, i got to looking at my clutch, and it is burnt and very brittle..... im gonna put a new one in, but i have to order one. I want to get a DE clutch, but my pressure plate is in good condition. I want to know if the DE clutch is gonna work with the K8 pressure plate. there is only like 3/8" difference in the DE clutch and the k8 clutch......
1992 Mx-3 GS. ATX to MTX swap. Integra short throw shifter, and CAI. HEI mod. Accell Canister. 3A racing muffler. Straight pipe.
ImageImageImage
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

It'll work. Either a full DE clutch kit or K8 pressure plate with a DE disk. Autozone has clutch kits for like 90 bucks, and it comes with a new throw out bearing and pilot bearing. just get a full DE clutch kit from autozone or ebay for that matter Exedy one.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
exile84

Post by exile84 »

awesome! I really appreciate the help guys. I can't wait to my mx3 up and running again. I miss her so much, been driving an 89 ford f150 extended cab long wheel base........friggin boat! Thanks :D
ImageImageImage

Return to “Transmissions”