D2 Coilovers

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
hppwdn

D2 Coilovers

Post by hppwdn »

After jumping thru some hoops with my MX6 ksports I went ahead and ordered some MX3 specific ksports. Those were on a long back order and then got lost in shipping. The seller told me he could get D2s out to me in a week so I said sure.

Just got home and opened up the D2s. As expected they look just like ksports. I'm sure they're made at the same factory in China and just anodized purple instead of orange. They'll probably go on next week since I have no time to get it done and aligned before the meets this weekend.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
marcdh

Re: D2 Coilovers

Post by marcdh »

THey sure look sexy, would certainly match my colour scheme! I really hope they're a quality product, as it's something I plan to get. I'm also 99% sure they're rebranded ksports too. Is there any warranty? Where did you buy them if you dont mind me asking?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

They are rebranded ksports.

Looks cool though, are they mx6 or probe ones?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm curious about how these will perform as I'm interested in the k-sports... look forward to the updates!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

marcdh wrote:THey sure look sexy, would certainly match my colour scheme! I really hope they're a quality product, as it's something I plan to get. I'm also 99% sure they're rebranded ksports too. Is there any warranty? Where did you buy them if you dont mind me asking?

mx3
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

marcdh wrote:THey sure look sexy, would certainly match my colour scheme! I really hope they're a quality product, as it's something I plan to get. I'm also 99% sure they're rebranded ksports too. Is there any warranty? Where did you buy them if you dont mind me asking?
I got them from auto-partz-in-stock on ebay. I originally ordered the ksports but after they didn't show up he had me call him and he found D2s. Apparently they're the west coast distributor for D2s so ha can get them a lot faster than the ksports.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

how much?
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

solo_ryder wrote:They are rebranded ksports.

I thought Ksports were re-branded D2s.

I guess in the end it doesn't matter.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea your right haha. But yea, dont matter.

Hey Whisper.. if you ever part out your coilovers.. I get first dibs :)
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

boosted_bullet wrote:how much?
I paid $865 shipped for the ksports, then he gave me these for $845 shipped after the ksports got lost. Reading around the internet I've seen pricing everywhere from $750 to $950
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Initial feedback on the coil overs is good. I threw them on really quick Thursday night and drove about 500 miles this weekend, mostly highway. In normal driving conditions they're fine. Going over big dips or bumps the car is more bouncy, as expected. Cornering is vastly improved. I still need to go get an alignment at a race shop that does full coilovers and get it all dialed in. Then I'll go rip on it some and have some more info to report.

My roommate has a car slammed on ebay coilovers and I can say the ride quality on the D2s is light years better. I would compare the ebay coilovers to riding in a shopping car at 50mph.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

how does it look??? any wheel gap?

i want these now soooo bad lol i would be going on my third mx3 suspension set up with this car tho

edit: i asked if these bolt right in but by looking at the pictures more i am clearly an idiot for asking cause its pretty evident that they do infact bolt right in.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

projectzemx3 wrote:how does it look??? any wheel gap?
I haven't finished adjusting them yet. I just threw them on to make the show. There's plenty of room for adjustment to get the car as low as you could possibly desire. Right now I have it at about 2 fingers gap because my turbo pipes are kinda low and I don't like bottoming out. As of right now they're set exactly where my Tokicos/Dropzones were.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Hows the adjustability? Can you actually make them softer or harder and notice the difference?

If you wanted to swap out for softer springs where can you get them? What is the spring rate that you have on that stock? 10k/7k?
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I haven't done enough adjusting to say whether it's noticeable or not.

Since D2s=Ksports I would assume the spring rates are exactly the same as specified on ksports site. There was no documentation in the box that I saw with specific spring rates. Ksport's site has a chart with the info though. For replacement springs, you could order them thru D2, or just order them from Ksport. If I remember springs are $50 each and you can order any rate you desire.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”