The new 2001 MX-3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
renef

The new 2001 MX-3

Post by renef »

...I have seen Ford's best kept secret and it should be brought to the USA by Mazda.<P>The Ford Puma is what the new MX3 should be!!!<P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
Brainless

Re: The new 2001 MX-3

Post by Brainless »

Not bad...It has a few points in common with mx-3s. I wonder what will be under that hood? :roll:
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

OMG Ford and Pontiac are coming out with cars the resemble each other. Oh wait thats nothing new!!!! Have you guys seen the pirahna by pontiac? Its going to be awesome!!!!! Dont get me wrong I would never by a ford or a Pontiac but if the Ford Puma has a Mazda engine with Mazda engineering and rate of defect range then I might consider it...
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

I always considered my MX-3 to be a sleek and slender feminine car with alot of grace and a little hidden temperment under the hood. This looks like the masculine muscle mazda. <P>Pretty nice, but have you seen the RX-8? SWEEEEEET!!!!<P> :cool:<p>[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Justin Evans ]
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

It looks like a cross between an older style celica (like a 90 model) and an MX-3.<BR> Image <P>BTW: Ford has nothing to do with mazda now, According to mazda dealership here in memphis, Maxad owns Hyundai now, for no longer has a partnership. Just an FYI.<p>[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
precidian

Post by precidian »

I am sorry to burst your bubble......But the car first car pictured is actually a Ford Puma, which is sold in Great Britan.....and maybe some other parts of europe.Take a look at the car range on the site and you will see the Puma in the current linup.<BR><A HREF="http://www.ford.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ford UK.</A><P>I have seen the car run as a rally car in 1600 rally series. <P>I think the MX kicks the Puma's butt any day...<P>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

Ford Puma? That's a nasty car, my friend. MX-3s are better than that.<BR>Sure....Mazda and Ford do share parts (as evidenced by the Ford cassette deck that I replaced with a Pioneer CD player).....The sad part is that I hate Ford.<P>Oh well. My opinion.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by renef:<BR><STRONG>...I have seen Ford's best kept secret and it should be brought to the USA by Mazda.<P>The Ford Puma is what the new MX3 should be!!!<P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He did say ford puma.. and he did say it Needed to be brought to the US.
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

we cant deny the fact that car really does borrow a lot of styling points from the mx-3. Hey i love my mx-3 but if it did come to the states i would get one. As long as it has a good old Mazda engine under the hood.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
Esper

Post by Esper »

has anyone noticed the design of the mx-3? how almost everything is designed the same as the headlights? look at the windows, the shape of the doors, the profile of the car, the inside (from the drivers side, look at the passenger "wall" or vice versa), the armrests in teh doors... this car is amazingly well done, and not many people even realise it. its an artful blend of form and function.
Dude.
fuzzpimp

Post by fuzzpimp »

Ford Sux,<P> um, but, why is everyone saying "when ford brings this car to the US"?? Shouldn't it allready be here considering Ford is an AMerican car?? :
renef

Post by renef »

no dude,<P>Ford is a global corporation. There are cars that never set foot on American soil.<P>The Puma is one of them. We got the Focus instead. I think we got the shitty part of this deal.<P>Focuses are real ugly no-go domestics.<P>Ford sux all of the time. They never learn.<P>I WANT A PUMA!
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

Ummm I think everyone just likes imports and well since Ford in UK is an import. HEHE Ok well it kinda makes since doesnt it? LOL at any rate yeah the focus does sucks... You know why they call it? Cause it takes awhile for your eyes to adjust to the ugliness of the car. If you notice they target it towards like college students and young adults, but at the two universities here in this state I havent seen ONE!!!! Thats cause from geeks to jocks no one would own it!!! I used to be a big domestic fan but Ford and Chevy has screwed up SO badly with thier cars why would anyone want them? Its just a insult to the USA if you tell me. By the way, I got a email from Mazda today saying that they have production pics of the rx-8 but I couldnt find the... Hopefully they will be up there soon. PRODUCTION BABY
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the crazy thing is that this car has been around since 97 yet i've never seen nor heard anything about it.<P>for those wondering...it has a 1.7L 125hp motor. in 99, it came with an optional 1.7L 155hp in the "racing puma".
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

We all saw how all of the EVO vii boys and all of the WRX boys got together with Sport Compact Car and in the end they got their dream cars brought to American.We should all get together and demand that ford bring this car to the states, hell ford can call it whatever it wants, but we all know that its really just a MX-3 with a makeover.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”