Car accident :(

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
madmdx

Car accident :(

Post by madmdx »

Hey everyone,

Well my baby mx-3 and I were in an accident yesterday morning on the highway. :(
guy in front of me braked hard while i was in the middle of overtaking him (therefore i was already going faster than him). By reflex i turned the wheel left and lost control :( ended up hitting the guy on the side of his car...

unbelievably no one is hurt and my mx-3 is really almost in as good (or bad) a condition as it was. right side of bumper is gone and right headlight as well, right wheel tie rod broken and thats it!

got the mechanics fixed and am now getting the bumper+headlight and will soon have it on the road again :)

i had no clue the mx-3 was THAT safe of a car, i literally came out of the accident UNTOUCHED! i dont even have airbags!

<3 mx-3
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Car accident :(

Post by fowljesse »

I'm glad to read that!
I thought we lost another one.
I'm glad you're okay.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
koppit

Post by koppit »

PHEW I thought I was going to read another story like what I went through - unfortunately my airbags went off even though I wasn't going that fast, and I hit the car in front of me in such a way that it crumpled the front corner.. SOO glad you get yours back on the road!
Silver 1994 GS
Black 1993 RS

madmdx

Post by madmdx »

seriously, i was more worried for the car than myself when it happened! all i can say is the seat belt did its god damned job and no one was hurt (the other guy had a Buick sedan).

I used to hate this car when i first got it, it has a shitload of miles and im sure pieces werent changed at a regular interval because the suspensions are stiffer than wood and the cambers make the steering feel heavy as hell and the gears that are all used up lol, but damn all i can say is that not many cars wouldve been able to handle an accident at near 80km/h like this one did.

Im glad to hear youre all glad about me getting it back on the road :) my dad wanted to scrap it! well.. NOT UNTIL I GET AN S2000 :P
koppit

Post by koppit »

I went catatonic when I wrote off my old mx3 .. it was so very depressing.
I was stuck with a GRANNY car for the better part of a year, which is finally up for sale right now.
Silver 1994 GS
Black 1993 RS

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If my car didn't handle like it does, it would be toast by now.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”