Which ECU for klze swap?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
garretc16

Which ECU for klze swap?

Post by garretc16 »

Okay i am planning doing a KLZE swap to my car. am going to get the straight neck and then put the millenia IM on it. I am wondering what ECU i need to use. Can i use the stock one that is in my car now? it is a 93 GS. Also what tranny should i use. My stock one also
?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Which ECU for klze swap?

Post by Daninski »

Yes and yes. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
garretc16

Post by garretc16 »

perfect... thanks:)
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

you CAN use your stock ecu but it'll run rich. see if your ecu can be chipped-that would be the cheapest solution.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/728690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Chip it for sure. OEM ZE ECU's are not easy to find. They're out there...but not cheap.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
garretc16

Post by garretc16 »

okay so how do i know if my ECU can be chipped. it is just the stock 93 GS ECU.... and thanks for the website helped alot!
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

If you looked at the website you would know if you can chip it or not, go to page 6.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
rece

Post by rece »

basically you need to take it out, open up the top plate, unscrew the 4-5 screws holding the board down, and there will be a chip that has a sticker on it. if on the last 4 numbers it starts with a 1 it will not accept the chip, if it starts with a 2 you are good to go. another way (not guaranteed) is if the board under the top cover is full length, chances are it is the version that starts with a 1, if it is 2/3 lenght it is more likely to be the ont that starts with a 2.

On a different note, if yours is not compatible, I have an extra one that is chipable, so if you want it it is yours for $50 plus shipping (the KL31 and KL36 usually go for $150-$250)

PM me if you are interested.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If the one circuit board is shorter than the other it's chipable if not it isn't chipable even if the numbers match. If anyone can say they chipped one with both boards the same length and it worked I'd like to hear about it.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Daninski wrote:If the one circuit board is shorter than the other it's chipable if not it isn't chipable even if the numbers match. If anyone can say they chipped one with both boards the same length and it worked I'd like to hear about it.
That's true, I have both styles of ECU right in front of me, they're nothing alike. so yea, look for the one with the shorter top board.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

kk so when i talked to jdm source they told me that my engine would come witha stock klze ecu can i use ti then??
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

mccabe wrote:kk so when i talked to jdm source they told me that my engine would come witha stock klze ecu can i use ti then??
i believe your straight neck ecu would be ok to use.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

neli_nael wrote:
mccabe wrote:kk so when i talked to jdm source they told me that my engine would come witha stock klze ecu can i use ti then??
i believe your straight neck ecu would be ok to use.
It would work but your VRIS point will be wrong if you use the millenia IM.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

When did he say this and what is he charging you? Last week he told me he only has one engine left and won't have more for a few months.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

that was month or so a ago i called them just to get a price and to see what they had
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”